Who's Going to the Chicago Show?

Yes, I'm a really old geezer then. I'm 36 and my husband is 33. No kids though, just a pug. See you there!

Danielle

View attachment 1047

Having a pug is pretty much like having a kid! Here's our pug Gus at the beach. No, we are not geezers. I had just noticed that there are a lot of fans who are in their teens/early 20s, and I was curious if there were others like me out there who remember the 80s.

I'm not trying to be tacky or make any $, but we have two extra tickets to the concert if anyone is interested. We had some friends just back out, and I'm afraid I'm cutting it too close for Ebay; so, if you want to go just email me (it should be public under my profile). We can arrange to meet in line before the show. Again, I'm not trying to make money I just don't want them to go unused!

I'm not trying to be tacky or make any $, but we have two extra tickets to the concert if anyone is interested. We had some friends just back out, and I'm afraid I'm cutting it too close for Ebay; so, if you want to go just email me (it should be public under my profile). We can arrange to meet in line before the show. Again, I'm not trying to make money I just don't want them to go unused!

I'll take them.

View attachment 1047

Having a pug is pretty much like having a kid! Here's our pug Gus at the beach. No, we are not geezers. I had just noticed that there are a lot of fans who are in their teens/early 20s, and I was curious if there were others like me out there who remember the 80s.

Oh your pug is adorable! I love the name Gus! That's so funny we both have pugs.
Here is Pugsly.

pugsly110106.jpg

See you next week!

I hope you all have a great time in Chicago. Gees - you folks deserve this gig. We have been very lucku here in the UK this year and I really hope everyone has a top night with Moz on the 21st.

I am going! So excited! I was a bit afraid he would not play the U.S. again, or at least not for a long time. This will be my third time seeing him. I am flying in from San Francisco. I am going to the show alone, so I would love to meet as many people as possible. I have already been talking with a few, but I always want to meet more. I am arielms on yahoo IM and arielmcs on AIM, so drop me a line if you want.

Also I have two extra tickets to the show. I do not want them scalped. I will sell at face value to a good fan. Contact me if you want them.

See you all there!

I have tickets and I THINK I'm going. It's not too long of a drive for me so now seeing all the fans who are flying in... I feel pretty guilty! :) I'm traveling for Thanksgiving too so I have to decide how much driving I want to do in a very short period. I know, I know, I should stop whining... it's Moz after all!!!

Hi all,
I'm soooo glad I get to see Morrissey again this year! I'm taking my sister for her 18th birthday (rather slick of me, I think), and am trying to plan for the trip. We're flying in from L.A.
Hi to everyone I met in OKC and Tulsa earlier this year. I was the girl in line with the lawn chairs, blankets, sunscreen, coolers, etc. We had an all-day Morrissey Picnic of Awesomeness! It was a great way to spend the day and an experience I'll never forget.
I'd love to do it again, but I'm fearful of the weather and other logistics.
(umm, I've never really seen snow, if that helps)...
The plan was to pack everything in the rental car, park near the venue, camp out in comfort/style all morning/afternoon, and put it all back before the doors open.
Is this doable? Would other transportation be a better way to go? Can a person survive outdoors, all day, in Chicago, in December, with just the layers, coats, blankets, and coffee she can carry?
Thanks for any input. Will probably be so excited that I won't notice the frostbite!

Denise, Ignorant but Enthusiastic!

Hi all,
I'm soooo glad I get to see Morrissey again this year! I'm taking my sister for her 18th birthday (rather slick of me, I think), and am trying to plan for the trip. We're flying in from L.A.
Hi to everyone I met in OKC and Tulsa earlier this year. I was the girl in line with the lawn chairs, blankets, sunscreen, coolers, etc. We had an all-day Morrissey Picnic of Awesomeness! It was a great way to spend the day and an experience I'll never forget.
I'd love to do it again, but I'm fearful of the weather and other logistics.
(umm, I've never really seen snow, if that helps)...
The plan was to pack everything in the rental car, park near the venue, camp out in comfort/style all morning/afternoon, and put it all back before the doors open.
Is this doable? Would other transportation be a better way to go? Can a person survive outdoors, all day, in Chicago, in December, with just the layers, coats, blankets, and coffee she can carry?
Thanks for any input. Will probably be so excited that I won't notice the frostbite!

Denise, Ignorant but Enthusiastic!

First off, parking is nearly impossible to find in the city unless you park in a garage, but I have no clue where there are any near the Aragon (I live just outside the city limits and have never gone to the Aragon). When are you flying in? I would recommend visiting the area before the day of the concert, look for areas to park, where you would want to camp, places to eat or use the bathroom, etc. As for the weather, I have no clue what it will be like, but recently in the Chicagoland area the weather has been cold but rarely anything too frigid (by my native standards though, so that's nothing to go by). You will have to wear everything inside that you wear outside, but, and this is a longshot, if you or one of your companions can run back to your car prior to the doors opening, and you wear easy to remove layers of extra sweaters and coats, you could conceivably be comfortable outside and then survive a few minutes in indoor garb exposed to the elements before the doors open. You will not want to have to wear coats and scarfs and hats inside the venue, but also you will not want to neglect wearing a coat sitting outside for hours.

On a sidenote, when are most of you going to get in line? What about anyone who lives in or near the city? I'm not obsessed with getting up close, but I wouldn't want to be more than ten or so "rows" back (but I am completely unfamiliar with the layout of the Aragon), and am wondering about what time I should get there. The drive won't take long at all, but I won't be able to get there too early.

I thought I read online that there were 3 parking lots nearby for the Aragon. I can't see them having a venue with regular events with no parking. So I'm sure there will be parking around. A friend of ours who lives in the area said that parking was pretty high, about 30 bucks, and also said they always refer to the Aragon as the "Brawlroom" but I'm pretty sure they were seeing some rough bands there... Moz fans are gentle! :p

Oh and also, I won't be waiting in line early. I will be driving in that day so I wouldn't have time anyway and I'm just not up for standing around all day. Just to be in there will be great wherever I am. Oh, also I read a review of the venue saying that the sound wasn't too great and also the layout is flat. So if you're short, the view might not be that great...

Last edited:
Oh your pug is adorable! I love the name Gus! That's so funny we both have pugs.
Here is Pugsly.

pugsly110106.jpg

See you next week!

View attachment 1060

Pugsly is just precious. Here I am (w/the blond hair) with Gus and my friend. I'll be with my husband on Tues. I'll be wearing a black moz tshirt or a white tshirt with "the more you ignore me the closer I get" in light pink. Say hi if you see us at the show or after party!

dont know about everyone else but im pretty pumped and primed for this show!!my b day is sat the 18th and we are gonna leave tulsa ok that evening to start our drive in to chicago but at this point it seems the hours are trodding along at an alarmingly slow pace . we own a aquarium shop and the reg 7 hour day seems to be lasting 12 or 13 hrs lol. i cant wait to see some of the faces we got to meet at the tulsa and okc shows sorry if i dont remember names im a little short term but i have a great memory (and pictures)to help me remember those 2 days of bliss and all the nice people we will never forget.what is a great pizza place to eat in chicago ive been told a couple of names of places but know that its getting closer im trying to get our info straight .plus if any locals have suggestions of other places to see,eat or do please let me know as we have never been to chicago before.and to lilac i think was her screen name that was a really nice message from the uk and is really appreciated!see you there.

I'll be at the show tuesday, first moz concert for me(long time fan). Can't wait! Most of you guys are too hardcore for me, I'll just show up late and wait in the huge ass line and be happy with wherever I end up. :)

a little off the regular subject of pugs and chicago we have 2 basset hounds named sunny and steven you guys know where the names came from !i will try to get some pics up of thes guys soon.

I am going! So excited! I was a bit afraid he would not play the U.S. again, or at least not for a long time. This will be my third time seeing him. I am flying in from San Francisco. I am going to the show alone, so I would love to meet as many people as possible. I have already been talking with a few, but I always want to meet more. I am arielms on yahoo IM and arielmcs on AIM, so drop me a line if you want.

Also I have two extra tickets to the show. I do not want them scalped. I will sell at face value to a good fan. Contact me if you want them.

See you all there!

I'm "RomanBrittania" on AIM, if any fans going to the Chicago show, as well, would like to chat. :) I intend on getting in line pretty early (fingers crossed!), so it would be good for us to put together a group of early birds who will save other people's spots in line so that people can take restroom breaks, get things to eat and drink, etc.

it would be good for us to put together a group of early birds who will save other people's spots in line so that people can take restroom breaks, get things to eat and drink, etc.

I was wondering about restroom breaks. Are there restaurants nearby where you can run in & use the facilities, and maybe get a cup of coffee? I plan to get there pretty early too, and this is my biggest concern.

To the person who was asking about what to wear, here's my plan & I hope it works: Wear several layers, but not a heavy coat. Wear the type of light but warm jacket you'd wear skiing or camping, with a polarfleece jacket or sweatshirt underneath, gloves and a hat. Tie outer layers around waist when you get inside, stuffing gloves and hat in pockets of jacket.

Oh and btw PLEASE PLEASE let the '07 US tour listed on the main page and in here be true!!!!!!! :D

Whats the chances of getting a ticket at the door - or by a tout. Thinking of flying to London, Ont and bussing it down to Chicago.

JIM

Back
Top Bottom