What Moz track would you choose as an introduction?

My suggestions:

Everyday is like Sunday
Disappointed
Suedehead
Life is a pigsty
First of the gang to die

First of the gang, of course.... yes, most people I've played that one for seem to like it.

Maybe "I Will See You.." or "Speedway"?
They have that sort of unrefined, no holds barred quality that always left me wanting to hear more.

or Still Ill?

Damn, that question is deep...

playboys..a friend of mine told me after i played her some tracks that she doesnt like his voice on the studio recording of every day-:confused::rolleyes: hmm how can somebody not love this song
#but playboys she liked instantly...its very catchy....

also a few slower ones like jack the ripper..

did you plan to put on some smiths songs too?

Last edited:
Irish Blood English Heart. the one morrissey song my friend actually likes. he listens to mostly metal but he does indie rock sometimes. emphasis on "sometimes".

Everyday is like Sunday, Jack the Ripper (my girlfriend loves this song), The more you ignore me or First of the gang to die.

playboys..a friend of mine told me after i played her some tracks that she doesnt like his voice on the studio recording of every day-:confused::rolleyes: hmm how can somebody not love this song

Maybe. I guess that could open up another can of worms!!

without any doubt First Of The Gang To Die.
she'll be impressed by his wit, his sense of melody and the rocky tune.
am I wrong?

Maybe. I guess that could open up another can of worms!!
#
you should!!
do you need smiths songs suggestions too?;)

Suedehead- because it is classic Morrissey. And I agree with previous comments in that I think it is impossible to like that song!

Speedway- that song was by no means the first Morrissey song I heard but it was one of the most emotionally impacting. Like being hit in the face by a ton of bricks then thrown onto a railway line. In a good way of course. It may sound a tad overdramatic but wow, I'll never ever forget the first time I heard it. I had to pull the car over and cry.

But I would advice against You're The One For Me, Fatty for obvious reasons! (good song though)

Irish Blood English Heart. the one morrissey song my friend actually likes. he listens to mostly metal but he does indie rock sometimes. emphasis on "sometimes".

I couldn't imagine a metalhead not liking Morrissey. We have a pretty good "death metal community" here, and all of us switch out our Morbid Angel, Carcass, and Morrissey shirts on a daily basis. Those of us who take showers, that is.

I couldn't imagine a metalhead not liking Morrissey. We have a pretty good "death metal community" here, and all of us switch out our Morbid Angel, Carcass, and Morrissey shirts on a daily basis. Those of us who take showers, that is.

Looking at my closet now, I do have as many KoRn shirts as I do Morrisseys. If you consider them metal.
yeah.
I like to hear myself talk sometimes, I think..

I know people who haven't liked First Of the Gang to Die when I've forced it on them :p
I'd say November Spawned a Monster, it's er memorable. If it's Smiths songs too then obviously This Charming Man or Stop Me ....
:)

Back
Top Bottom