The Best Smiths Song Ever, Round 2

Best Song On 'Meat Is Murder'

• Total voters
Well I Wonder and the Headmaster Ritual could be my two least-favorite songs on the album... I'm surprised to see they're holding the top two places... while my beloved What She Said is one-before-last! Such a cruel, unjust world!

Well I Wonder and the Headmaster Ritual could be my two least-favorite songs on the album... I'm surprised to see they're holding the top two places... while my beloved What She Said is one-before-last! Such a cruel, unjust world!

It's a cruel world an a really excellent album, this is gonna be thougher that TGID I belive. Don't forget "Nowhere fast", also a great possible single.

Meat Is Murder is my FAVOURITE Smiffs album, that was so hard!

And What She Said is up there in my top 3 Smiths songs EVER, I'm sad it isn't doing very well. I love it :D

Anyway, I went for:
What She Said (obviously)
Nowhere Fast
I Want The One I Can't Have

but it was not an easy decision!! Meat Is Murder is my vegan anthem and I love Barbarism and Well, I Wonder... :)

Well, this is my least favourite Smiths album, which has made this task a bit harder:
That Joke Isn't Funny anymore,
Barberism Begins at Home,
I want the One I can't Have.
Thanks for taking the time to do all of this!

i'm going to say it again...

I think its sickening Barbarism will not get to the next round...sickening!! :mad:

My choices : 'The headmaster ritual' / 'This joke isn't funny anymore' / 'Well I wonder'. And no doubt, very close next is 'Barbarism...' for me. But 3 choices only ! :p

I voted for only one song, my favorite on this album.......So many great songs though :)

The Headmaster Ritual

PS: Where's "How Soon Is Now"? ;)

i want the one i can't have, nowhere fast and meat is murder

Funny Joke (no explan. nec.)
She Said What? (Need something to cling to...always)
Wonderwell (How many times can I half die and still walk around - somehow?)

I am also surprised What She Said is ranking so low. I picked it first. Meat Is Murder is my least fav Smiths record, first being The Smiths, and What She Said is easily the highlight of this record for me.

Bump - for any additional voters.

Will start the first semi-final later today.
Just a quick reminder of the songs going through.
First 4 of each round will go through, plus 2 best performing numbers 5 =
30 semi-finalists.

Top 5 of this round:

1) The Headmaster Ritual 91
2) Well I Wonder 80
3) That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore 76
4) I Want The One I Can't Have 67

5) Nowhere Fast 40

Last edited:
darn, i clicked on the topic and my gut told me straight away to vote for well I wonder- but i forgot use use my other votes. bollocks. This is my favourite smiths album and hence, my favourite album.

1. Well I Wonder
2. I Wan't The One I Can't Have
3. Rusholme Ruffians

There is no average song on this entire record for me, its perfect from start to finish. That's something I can't quite say about any other Smiths or Morrissey album. I'll be happy whatever songs go through.:D
True! MIM is their most consistant album, all the songs are excellent, and it works well as a whole, much better than any of the others. So why is it so underrated?

Well I Wonder
That Joke
Nowhere Fast

but I would have voted for Barbarism if I had one more vote! Meat is Murder is a great song, it sent shivers down my spine when I first heard it... I wasn't a vegetarian then, it wasn't the actually one of the things that made me consider giving up meat (and about a year later, I did)

Ruffians and Headmaster (brilliant start to the album) are great too, in fact every single track on the album deserves a vote.

Back
Top Bottom