The "All You Need Is Me" cancellation

The Seeker of Good Songs

I had some back and forth with the online retailer that I am purchasing AYNIM from and they say that the single had actually been canceled.

They said, "it was actually canceled a couple weeks ago and then they put it back on the schedule."

Just throwing that out there. Wonder why it was canceled and then brought back? Something to do with Merck leaving, maybe?

I had some back and forth with the online retailer that I am purchasing AYNIM from and they say that the single had actually been canceled.

They said, "it was actually canceled a couple weeks ago and then they put it back on the schedule."

Just throwing that out there. Wonder why it was canceled and then brought back? Something to do with Merck leaving, maybe?

Interesting. One wonders if a run of singles hadn't already been manufactured, and then a decision was made to cancel. Then upon reflection why not release it for us die hards? Otherwise, I'm not sure how to explain the "one week only" availability? Perhaps there are only enough to cover an initial shipment? The change of plans coming with Merck's departure. Just speculating...:doh:

If you need copies, let me know.
I bought three set of copies (two sets going to Japan later) today from HMV Oxford Street.
Zavvi Tottenham Court Rd branch (formerly Virgin Megastore) didn't have any copies.

Mine is still 'pending' after an email saying it was delayed. Trying my hardest not to download the tracks.:tears:

Maybe he canceled it because he wanted the music video to come out before the single was released.

Why do you say that, Kewpie?
I ordered the bungle too...

It depends on when you placed your order.
If I ordered £5 bundle in April to recordestore.com I wouldn't worry.
However, I kept forgetting place an order until few days before the original release date 19th May.
Around that time Sphinx and others who ordered bundles through HMV they received emails telling that their order had been cancelled.

10001XX 26th May 2008 £9.87 processed
9713XX 3rd Apr 2008 £9.87 processed

my bundle from recordstore.co.uk was processed today after being pending since i made the order on the 22. no money out of the bank though...

Thanks for ordering from the Recordstoremainstore webshop! Order 987540 has been shipped to:

Shipped Items:
1 x ALLYOUNEED-BUND
Morrissey - All You Need Is Me: 3 formats: £5
5.00 GBP per unit
> 4780965Morrissey - All You Need Is Me
> 4780963Morrissey - All You Need Is Me
> 4780964Morrissey - All You Need Is Me

Items Total: 5.00 GBP
Postage and packing: 4.87 GBP
Total: 9.87 GBP

So I'm sure I'm getting mine. :cool:

I was thinking, could the cancellation have been decided by Decca because Merck would get a cut but was leaving the fold before the single was released? Haven't all releases with Merck givin him special thanks and something like special thanks to "At the helm, Merck..."

Some internal politics but Moz stood up for him?

Thanks for ordering from the Recordstoremainstore webshop! Order 987540 has been shipped to:

Shipped Items:
1 x ALLYOUNEED-BUND
Morrissey - All You Need Is Me: 3 formats: £5
5.00 GBP per unit
> 4780965Morrissey - All You Need Is Me
> 4780963Morrissey - All You Need Is Me
> 4780964Morrissey - All You Need Is Me

Items Total: 5.00 GBP
Postage and packing: 4.87 GBP
Total: 9.87 GBP

So I'm sure I'm getting mine. :cool:
yup, me too. :D

If you need copies, let me know.
I bought three set of copies (two sets going to Japan later) today from HMV Oxford Street.
Zavvi Tottenham Court Rd branch (formerly Virgin Megastore) didn't have any copies.

Was there lots of copies of AYNIM in HMV on Oxford St, Kewpie?

I just went to my record store here in Sweden. I phoned them this monday and they said the single will be out wednesday. When I got there they told me the single had been cancelled. So here in Sweden there are no singles (Yet).

Was there lots of copies of AYNIM in HMV on Oxford St, Kewpie?

When I went to HMV 8pm Monday only 3 CDs, but about 10 copies each of 7 inch singles.

I didn't go, but Sister Ray Berwick Street also sells those singles.

I also got an email from recordstore.com which confirmed my order has been dispatched.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom