Sydney - State Theater (Dec. 11, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're The One For Me, Fatty / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / How Soon Is Now? / I Wish You Lonely / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Girlfriend In A Coma / Half A Person / Our Frank / Let Me Kiss You / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Alma Matters / / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Speedway // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm (Note: order not 100% confirmed).

• Photo from Thiccystardust / Instagram story posted by Famous when dead (original post):

Last edited:
7EF70F6B-C13A-4819-B375-3D7DBCD7E4A6.gif

His cigarette catching skills are remarkable.

Saint is quietly the best of the new songs.

Saint is quietly the best of the new songs.
Unfortunately, many of us may not live to see the day when this song will be released in a studio version. Quite grim vision, but real :grimacing:

Morrissey: "I've been here for a reasonable while. A reasonable while? Ugh, excellent english. I haven't seen anything of Australia. I've been in my hotel sat as usual. I don't see anything. I don't go anywhere. I recently read about David Bowie's first visit to Japan when he wasn't really Davi Bowie and on his first trip he met Salvador Dali, two, um two what? Oh yes, two dignitaries... criminals in other words. And two famous dress designers whose names end in moto. But when I travel, if I can come across a decent pizza I think god has blessed me. I'm not kidding. which is good cause it's not funny!"

Morrissey: "I've been here for a reasonable while. A reasonable while? Ugh, excellent english. I haven't seen anything of Australia. I've been in my hotel sat as usual. I don't see anything. I don't go anywhere. I recently read about David Bowie's first visit to Japan when he wasn't really Davi Bowie and on his first trip he met Salvador Dali, two, um two what? Oh yes, two dignitaries... criminals in other words. And two famous dress designers whose names end in moto. But when I travel, if I can come across a decent pizza I think god has blessed me. I'm not kidding. which is good cause it's not funny!"
Sounds like he wanted to meet some interesting celebrities on this tour (hey, maybe that's why he gave Perth and New Zealand a miss!) - shame if he didn't meet Germaine, but I've read that she's now in a care home and I do believe she's never liked Brits anyway.

Was this also the night he mentioned Princess Di? Since picked up by Australian 'legacy press': British rocker and anti-monarchist Morrissey has taken aim at the late Princess Diana during a concert at Sydney’s State Theatre.

https://www.skynews.com.au/lifestyl...t/news-story/0b920f93ea4bc951d1811399e59a7ca2

Why do you think he feels hotel-bound? And when he does go out, it's been reported that several security guards accompany him. Is this normal for a music star? What do you think the threats are, and how assessed? Could it be true 'someone's out to get me'?

Someone else mentioned flights may be tiring, which is quite likely. A few weeks ago on stage he asked if anyone knew about liquid magnesium whish he was taking. How could he make touring easier and more enjoyable for himself, if he's going to keep doing it, wanting to wreck his life his own way?! He probably does hang out with the band sometimes, and Damon and whoever else, but what he says there as quoted sounds more like a complaint. Of course that's a Morrissey specialty which he often uses to misdirect, but still. What can be done to ease his mozzery, and the mozzery of those who still want to see him?! 👩‍⚕️ 💆‍♂️ 👨‍🎤

i screamed mid show “ I LOVE YOU “ and he told me “ don’t limit yourself “ ; i also managed to tap his hand , get a drumstick and during one song i was doing heart hands over my eyes and we made eye contact for a few seconds. fantastic and unforgettable concert. i love morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom