Brisbane - Fortitude Music Hall (Dec. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of anonymous.

Last edited:
why, did they have a bus to catch.
people these days moan about anything and everything.
wonder if anyone has ever came out of an a M concert and said,i wish it was shorter.
1702126259008.png

9:10 pm -> 10:35 pm is exactly in keeping with other recent gigs.
FWD.
The problem with the Brisbane concert (and the upcoming Auckland one) was that the venue's website just said "7pm" without any details, hence the huge queue at 6.30pm in the Brisbane heat that someone mentioned in one of the above posts.

The Perth, Melbourne and Sydney venues had more detail. Melbourne's Palais Theatre mentioned the pre-show videos and Sydney's State Theatre says:

7:30PM - Front Doors
8:00PM - Auditorium Doors
8:30PM - SHOW COMMENCES
10:40PM - Approximate Finish

So unless you had been following what was going on in other states of course you'd think that there was a chance the show might start at 7pm or shortly after.

I couldn't make it to the Brisbane venue until 8.45pm and even though I was at the Melbourne concerts and knew about the pre-show videos I was extremely worried that I was going to miss seeing Morrissey. I did try to call the Fortitude Music Hall several times earlier in the day to confirm the start time but it just rang out.

Shot by @mischievousnose (Instagram )

brenda.jpg

📸 by @lodsie1

red light.jpg

I think we have reached saturation point with the red light/silhouette Jack the Ripper photos.

I’ve seen Morrissey three times in Brisbane, and I have to say, to my ears, this was the best sounding of them all. I also believe this band is the best he’s ever had. Amazing drummer, bass, and beautiful keys—and Jesse and the other guitarist were superb. Contentious call? Sure, but a fair few others agreed as we mingled out the front. Awesome show!

Great post, thanks ! (y)

Big Palestinian protest expected in Sydney this evening.

If Morrissey will have something to say about it, there are going to be some very angry people tonight.

Last edited:
The problem with the Brisbane concert (and the upcoming Auckland one) was that the venue's website just said "7pm" without any details, hence the huge queue at 6.30pm in the Brisbane heat that someone mentioned in one of the above posts.

The Perth, Melbourne and Sydney venues had more detail. Melbourne's Palais Theatre mentioned the pre-show videos and Sydney's State Theatre says:

7:30PM - Front Doors
8:00PM - Auditorium Doors
8:30PM - SHOW COMMENCES
10:40PM - Approximate Finish

So unless you had been following what was going on in other states of course you'd think that there was a chance the show might start at 7pm or shortly after.

I couldn't make it to the Brisbane venue until 8.45pm and even though I was at the Melbourne concerts and knew about the pre-show videos I was extremely worried that I was going to miss seeing Morrissey. I did try to call the Fortitude Music Hall several times earlier in the day to confirm the start time but it just rang out.
100% this

I’ve been to many Morrissey shows and he always plays some kind of statement video at the beginning of the show, however this time a 40 minute collection of random youtube videos was a pisstake. He stayed on stage less than 90 minutes and while that short concert was great, it was sullied by what went before. Fans have to be aware that at the end of the day, it is Morrissey and at his best he’s a bit of a c. One of these days he’ll just disappear up his own jacksee and never be seen again

Very favourable and fully clued-in review of Brisbane concert, 8 Dec by Bill Prendergast of Scenestr.
Overall, I felt the support in the crowd was greatest for The Smiths songs, perhaps given the crowd, but for me, by far the greatest impact was delivered in the three solo pieces as previously mentioned.

A final point of note was the sheer quality of his backing musicians. Looking at their biographies, some are from Latin America, or have played in Latin bands. The quality of their backing was sublime, from drummer Brendan Buckley, Colombian bass player Juan Galeano, guitarist Jesse Tobias, Camilla Gray on keyboards, and very highly regarded Carmen Vandenberg on lead guitar (who has played with the late, great Jeff Beck).

The quality of their backing really added to the singing of Moz, and provided a strong visual contrast. As noted Moz has hit his 60s, but the music has not aged at all – I found this one of the best gigs I have seen this year.
https://scenestr.com.au/music/review-morrissey-the-fortitude-music-hall-brisbane-20231211

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom