Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Hey Jude - worst song ever recorded!
It wasn't great. But there was the James Corden Carpool Karaoke that I only ever saw on YouTube. And Paul McCartney surprised the afternoon pubgoers....as the curtain went back in the Philharmonic there was Paul and a band singing. The finale was when he invited James up to sing and everyone was singing Hey Jude. Very memorable and brought a tear to this scouser's eyes.

I would’ve thought Bob Dylan rated non-dorky with you. He is, after all, 1. a Jew, 2. a supporter of the state of Israel, and 3. a convert to evangelical Christianity. That seems like a trifecta in your book. His singing, I realize, does seem to grate on some people, but Bowie (not a dork) appreciated his “voice like sand and glue.”
Wow, he does sound pretty rad 😍 maybe I'll give him another chance, because I'm good like that!

Thank you for the second chance. I forgive you for calling me an edge-lord (if you were referring to me in the Drivel Thread). But maybe it wasn’t so malicious. I mean, if a person who crushes on serial killers and gets giddy thinking of the genocide in Gaza calls you an edge-lord, that’s almost a compliment.

Just my opinion on the Dylan thing, but Bob Dylan as a middle-aged man in bare-armed sleeveless denim jackets in the 80s was almost the very height of dorkiness, and the music was awful too, so I don’t disagree with sea salt altogether. But mid-1960s I think he was impossibly cool.

Just my opinion on the Dylan thing, but Bob Dylan as a middle-aged man in bare-armed sleeveless denim jackets in the 80s was almost the very height of dorkiness, and the music was awful too, so I don’t disagree with sea salt altogether. But mid-1960s I think he was impossibly cool.
Don't talk about my man that way!! He was ALWAYS cool!

I would’ve thought Bob Dylan rated non-dorky with you. He is, after all, 1. a Jew, 2. a supporter of the state of Israel, and 3. a convert to evangelical Christianity. That seems like a trifecta in your book. His singing, I realize, does seem to grate on some people, but Bowie (not a dork) appreciated his “voice like sand and glue.”

It's actually not known if Bowie appreciated Dylan. It's not clear if the motivation behind Bowie's "Song for Bob Dylan" was appreciation or veiled criticism.

It's actually not known if Bowie appreciated Dylan. It's not clear if the motivation behind Bowie's "Song for Bob Dylan" was appreciation or veiled criticism.
I would say it's both - appreciation of peak 60s cultural figurehead Dylan and veiled criticism of the fact that, by the early 70s, he was no longer that person.

I’m going to see the Manics this summer, I’ll be taking a basket of rotten eggs to throw at the big lanky streak of piss.
I’m only going as Suede are playing too.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom