Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Diddy Dodders is losing it.
View attachment 102755
I hope she doesnā€™t say that to a psychiatrist. Not last summer, but the summer before, I picked up my phone to look at Instagram, and a womanā€™s voice in the hall shouted ā€˜Instacrack!ā€™. Then a door slammed. That voice doesnā€™t live here. It makes no sense, other than that it was an occurrence like Fionaā€™s. I didnā€™t tell my psychiatrist. Iā€™ve only heard voices on three occasions. That was one of them. The other two, were when I was in the Vancouverā€™s downtown east side, and was trying to calm an angry woman down, and a female voice said ā€œLetā€™s make friends.ā€, and another time, I was walking fast to catch a bus home, and a female voice said ā€œYou can catch it if you run.ā€. No, I didnā€™t tell my shrink. It was all in the space of a week in the summer of 2022.

I can't stand Bob Dylan. He is such a dork.

Don't care much for the Beatles either. Overrated.

In their time though? In general, pop was better then, or at least up to the 80ā€™s. Even the
crap back then was better than whatā€™s passing for the best these days.

I have never cared for Sinatra and now that I've read the lyrics of "I've got a crush on you" I don't think I ever will...

"-It's not that you're attractive...
-Well you can f. right off then!"

Up there with the lyrics to My funny Valentine...Chet can make me forget anything tho, Frank Sinatra doesn't have that effect on me at all.

("Informative")
(You bet.)

In their time though? In general, pop was better then, or at least up to the 80ā€™s. Even the
crap back then was better than whatā€™s passing for the best these days.

Let's face it, the Beatles were a bit reductive. The only thing that was fresh and exciting about them was that they were British and dorky.

One person above is blaming Frank Sinatra for lyrics written by Ira Gershwin and Lorenz Hart and the other apparently hasnā€™t heard much of The Beatlesā€™ music post-1965, and is addressing the post to a person who believes hardly any good music has been made in the past 25 years (not that they have to listen to a lot of it to know that, they just know). Bad takes galore šŸ«¢. Reductive, even!

I have never cared for Sinatra and now that I've read the lyrics of "I've got a crush on you" I don't think I ever will...

"-It's not that you're attractive...
-Well you can f. right off then!"

Up there with the lyrics to My funny Valentine...Chet can make me forget anything tho, Frank Sinatra doesn't have that effect on me at all.

("Informative")
(You bet.)
I would recommend listening to the near-perfect Sinatra albums Only the Lonely, No One Cares and Where Are You, for a start. He was a sensational artist throughout his career, but he peaked in the 50ā€™s with the thematic torch song albums of lost love and existential dread. Oh, and like Born said, Frank didnā€™t write lyrics. But he damn sure lived them.

I wouldā€™ve thought Bob Dylan rated non-dorky with you. He is, after all, 1. a Jew, 2. a supporter of the state of Israel, and 3. a convert to evangelical Christianity. That seems like a trifecta in your book. His singing, I realize, does seem to grate on some people, but Bowie (not a dork) appreciated his ā€œvoice like sand and glue.ā€

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom