Morrissey Central "PORTS MOUTH STRIKES AGAIN" (July 9, 2023)

PORTS MOUTH STRIKES AGAIN

0-1.jpeg

thank you !!!
XXXXXX

was just thinking when a tour starts you have 6 people who have to go through a period of time without being ill or having a trip to the hospital,isnt easy.
Surely you are aware that there are thousands of bands touring at any given time - from dingy basement clubs to huge stadiums and everything in between - and there simply isn't an artist or band who calls off shows as callously as Morrissey has always done. It simply doesn't happen with the frequency and regularity that it does with Moz.

All bands view a cancellation as the last resort and will work through the sniffles or a hangover or a technical issue or whatever the case may be so that the show goes on.

Morrissey, on the other hand, cancels shows as a standard operating procedure.

Surely you are aware that there are thousands of bands touring at any given time - from dingy basement clubs to huge stadiums and everything in between - and there simply isn't an artist or band who calls off shows as callously as Morrissey has always done. It simply doesn't happen with the frequency and regularity that it does with Moz.

All bands view a cancellation as the last resort and will work through the sniffles or a hangover or a technical issue or whatever the case may be so that the show goes on.

Morrissey, on the other hand, cancels shows as a standard operating procedure.
blur just cancelled a huge concert because the drummer hurt his hand.i looked into this one night on here,elton john has cancelled a lot,stones cancelled their whole european tour,madonna has just cancelled her whole tour. he passed the 1000 concerts a few years ago so thats 1000 times he has turned up.

blur just cancelled a huge concert because the drummer hurt his hand.i looked into this one night on here,elton john has cancelled a lot,stones cancelled their whole european tour,madonna has just cancelled her whole tour. he passed the 1000 concerts a few years ago so thats 1000 times he has turned up.
I think it was his knee, so probably a bit difficult to play the drums, Madonna cancelled her tour after being in ICU with septic shock, guess what, they both took the time to explain why they cancelled.

don’t worry. No one noticed when these people canceled. ;)

Yes, he’s a real trooper.

Last night was the dogs. Really enjoyed myself , still fecking hungover .
He looked fecking fire
can't wait for the rest of the gigs...
I thought it was funny when pinched Douglas Murray's remark on Louis Vuitton bags and reparations. Made me really fecking laugh .
I remember M recommend The Strange Death of Europe on M central and Murray tweeted M's comment. As Murray did that book about Bosie and likes music, I suspected he may be a Smiths fan...
Douglas Murray did say that a couple of days before Morrissey repeated in Portsmouth what he is apparently watching on the news. Tsk tsk! Where did I put that wet plimsoll?

Still, this detailed review from India suggests that Europe is forming border policies according to Douglas Murray's recommendations in The Strange Death of Europe. Quillette's shorter sharp review identifies more of the flaws. (Diem25 folk discuss French behavior in a webinar tomorrow evening.)

Brilliant analyst Vijay Prasad sets out the ongoing colonial sins of Europe, France first in this instance, to shed light on the Paris riots, and on recent African pushback against unequal transnational treatment, just as the article Gashonthenail shared on borders by Angela Nagle gets an admirable handle on history and broader context.

Tying in with Karl Marx's observations in it about Irish immigrants's effects on their English counterparts, is something I read recently In a fabulous book, An Irish Atlantic Rainforest, by Eoghan Daltun, who calls Richard Boyle the first colonial millionaire and richest man in the UK. In the early seventeenth century, Boyle received huge tracts of violently-seized Irish land and destroyed remaining forests to be made into charcoal for smelting iron; "setting a precedent for centuries of immense fortunes made all over the world from colonial:-related ecocide: the wholesale liquidation of natural ecosystems." Another stated intention was to remove cover for evicted natives who were not only subjugated but also annihilated, or 'extirpated', "Official policy regularly dictated that all 'Irishry - mawne, woman and childe; - be put to the sword wherever they were found, leading to vast uninhabited tracts." Land is still being appropriated today, elsewhere in the world: people being dispossessed and disappeared, if no longer outright admitted in official policy.

Arun Kundnani diagnoses the misunderstandings too: "There is no culture war over immigration in the normally understood sense. Rather, there is a strange and hidden class war being fought out on the terrains of race and culture. At stake is the very definition of the working class: whether or not it can extend to a political refugee from Turkey — or anyone else from the Global South.

To win that class war requires understanding that working-class anti-immigrant sentiment is lodged in a misdirected sense of class interest, and it needs to be dislodged on those terms, rather than through appeals to cosmopolitanism or empty promises of economic betterment.
And it means grasping that, in this war, the flags waved can be misleading: the neoliberals who preach cultural tolerance to the less wealthy are those most responsible for the death-by-policy we inflict on migrants and asylum seekers."

Jeremy Williams short book, Climate Change Is Racist is discussed in this podcast and is reviewed here. He writes an excellent blog on environmental issues, https://earthbound.report/ . Jeremy's sound, a genuine holistic ethical being doing constructive work for a liveable kind future. He's also involved in running outdoor spiritual services https://faithactionfornature.org/ Isn't it on a wing and a prayer we're pulling through at all?

back, after a long hiatus from this site, what the hell happened to Gustavo and Alain?

Never said cancellations don't happen to other artists. I said they don't happen with the frequency and regularity that it does with Morrissey, since the beginning of time. I had my first cancellation in 1992 and have dealt them them numerous times, as recently as 2017.

I'll bet you all the other artists you mention have a better "show up and play the scheduled show percentage" than Morrissey does, which I believe I saw on another thread was around 75%.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom