Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Er I don't think that's a good analogy, I don't like coke!

It's only good for people who enjoy sniffing plastic. You one of them Alain?

TBF Pepsico are also pretty high considering they presumably sell less.
Also Pepsi in the UK now has artificial sweeteners :mad:

I think they are saying that most on this thread (myself included), seem to be focusing more on potential negative connotations than anything potentially positive.

That's a fair comment, as the posts on Central lately have tended to veer towards the reflective/wistful/mournful/nostalgic/vengeful.

There is obviously danger in attempting to link everything, establish patterns and draw conclusions. On that, we are doomed to fail.

But I do believe that the breadcrumbs are being dropped intentionally by someone for a reason.

I was saying that I'm going to contact Manchester's counter terrorism team & report Sam Esty Rayner for posting far right material - including this dog whistle that Hof & Stew responded to. And they can investigate & intervene if appropriate.

We've all been royally entertained by Karen since she first joined "a Morrissey fan site" as Nerak, and then as Vex, and then as Malarkey, with her sweet fandom origin story of falling in love with M's voice as a toddler whose big sister was spinning the records at home, and her desire to singlehandedly rescue his reputation with the British press through her diligent research.

But her post above, about reporting SER to Manchester's counter terrorism team, qualifies as peak, peak Karen.

What a journey it's been!

We've all been royally entertained by Karen since she first joined "a Morrissey fan site" as Nerak, and then as Vex, and then as Malarkey, with her sweet fandom origin story of falling in love with M's voice as a toddler whose big sister was spinning the records at home, and her desire to singlehandedly rescue his reputation with the British press through her diligent research.

But her post above, about reporting SER to Manchester's counter terrorism team, qualifies as peak, peak Karen.

It'll be especially amusing when they notice the name on the site and our man Morrissey gets nicked for the crime instead.

My big sister dumped the records in my room because she only bought them to impress a boyfriend - & I loved Death of a Disco Dancer because it was sinister. I didn't actually connect Morrissey - the solo singer - with the Smiths until years later. And I didn't worry about his reputation until 2019 when I started to hear that venue managers wouldn't book him. I wasn't trying to 'resuce' his reputation - I wondered what had happened to him.

If there is a need for intervention, I expect you'll find out.

Also - I deleted my first account because I was getting attacked for such weird things that I just wanted to get away from it. But, then it was so weird I kept being curious about it.

I was saying that I'm going to contact Manchester's counter terrorism team & report Sam Esty Rayner for posting far right material - including this dog whistle that Hof & Stew responded to. And they can investigate & intervene if appropriate.
If you are suggesting, again, linking the behaviour of people on this forum in any way (who are completely free to not hold your views and think differently) to any potential real world consequences via "investigations" that I'm sure would just have to involve them, then I'd suggest you think very carefully as to how you proceed.
You couldn't be on thinner ice.
FWD.

If you are suggesting, again, linking the behaviour of people on this forum in any way (who are completely free to not hold your views and think differently) to any potential real world consequences via "investigations" that I'm sure would just have to involve them, then I'd suggest you think very carefully as to how you proceed.
You couldn't be on thinner ice.
FWD.

It wouldn't have to involve people here. The same reactions are on other sites. It's just Central is being discussed here.

What was far-right about that Ireland post?

I think you were supposed to infer that it was the last of Ireland because it was full of non-white migrants - which is where the thread went almost immediately. It's pretty clear it's not going to stop.
Hmm, maybe. But it seems a bit of a stretch, doesn’t it? I mean, what are signs?

Hmm, maybe. But it seems a bit of a stretch, doesn’t it? I mean, what are signs?

It's not a stretch because it's exactly where the thread went - & it was completely predictable. As it would be on any other site - which is why I don't name solo on Twitter because I might use examples from here about someting but I'm not blaming the site. Everything Morrissey flows through here at some stage.

It's not a stretch because it's exactly where the thread went - & it was completely predictable. As it would be on any other site - which is why I don't name solo on Twitter because I might use examples from here about someting but I'm not blaming the site. Everything Morrissey flows through here at some stage.
Yes, but that is not Sam’s or Morrissey’s fault, is it?

Oh! I wondered who Nerak and Karen were. Despite user names there are times on here when other people are referred to by what I assume are their real first names, but I never know who is who. Does this knowledge come from attending shows?

Yes, but that is not Sam’s or Morrissey’s fault, is it?

Possibly not - but that needs clarification.

On another point - I found a lot of posts (all over the internet) from really quite disgusting people who want Solo shut down. And I think it's because they don't want any one place that tries to fact check things. Then they could feed journalists etc fake quotes, fake interviews - an identity theft.

Anyway - that's what it looks like to me.

Last edited:
Possibly not - but that needs clarification.

On another point - I found a lot a posts (all over the internet) from really quite disgusting people who want Solo shut down. And I think it's because they don't want any one place that tries to fact check things. Then they could feed journalists etc fake quotes, fake interviews - an identity theft.

Anyway - that's what it looks like to me.
I don’t think so. I think the post was innocuous and ‘’meh’. What other people, obsessed with an ideology, does with it is nobody’s fault but their own.

Who were these people?

Back
Top Bottom