Meet-ups w/ people from forums while on a holiday/vacation

No, it doesn't.

It so does...are you high? ;):p
You'd have to watch the show for similar mannerisms.

I love Turtle.

Turtle.jpg

I've been to England and Ireland 3 times and was by myself. Each trip I met people from an REM board and from here as well. Even stayed with them. Never had a bad experience. If the time sucks well not like you have to see these people again so just go and have fun.

Back from the long holiday. It was FREEZING there but, I loved it, I get "inspired" by the cold weather unlike the heat here.

No, I didn't go to the meet-up as I'm still disgusted w/myself. Sure, I might have missed "opportunities" but, then again, maybe I didn't.

I had some time alone to think & reflect on this trip, sadly in that, next month, I'm 35 & I'm still unmarried & yes, I'm straight. It's just sickens me.

Yet, I did have a blast at the gig seeing the band I enjoy & that's a lot that mattered.

Onward November when I return again to see them again...maybe some other "opportunity" will arise...

Profiles here on this website/Star & Garter meet-ups

Who here has "real" friends from the profiles posted here? Meaning, you've met & partied (or whatever) in "real life"?

Has anyone met people from this forum at the Star & Garter? I went 3 years in a row & met a few people. They were cool but, it's almost you could tell you'd never hear from them again. I met: Lynne, Garry, Karen, Martin, Simone, Ian, Laura, Brenda, Paul, Onna, Rob. If there were other people, I apologize. I can't make it this year due to Bunnymen gigs. :)

Do people judge personas by profiles posted? So that, meaning, if you don't have anyone or anything then, you're a loser? That's kind of sad if you think about it....... It's almost like judging someone if you haven't even met them...I mean, I'll be honest. My profile here sux but, I don't have time to put anything into it nor can I really trick it out due to my job. (I had to remove my myspace profile for that similar reason)

So, whom here have you met anywhere and/or at the S&G for the infamous Morrissey/Smith nights?

Re: Profiles here on this website/Star & Garter meet-ups

this is an interesting turn of events :p

?

I have a photo from 2005. I met Onna & this guy said his name was Rob next to me. I have no clue though, who he is though.

I still have the photo but, it's packed away.

Do I know you?

?

I have a photo from 2005. I met Onna & this guy said his name was Rob next to me. I have no clue though, who he is though.

I still have the photo but, it's packed away.

Do I know you?

not directly, no.

did you think he was hot? it's perfectly possible that he may have wanted to kiss you, y'know.

not directly, no.

did you think he was hot? it's perfectly possible that he may have wanted to kiss you, y'know.

You're so "funny"...you weren't there so, you don't "know"....

You're so "funny"...you weren't there so, you don't "know"....

"that's" "true"....

Who here has "real" friends from the profiles posted here? Meaning, you've met & partied (or whatever) in "real life"?

Has anyone met people from this forum at the Star & Garter? I went 3 years in a row & met a few people. They were cool but, it's almost you could tell you'd never hear from them again. I met: Lynne, Garry, Karen, Martin, Simone, Ian, Laura, Brenda, Paul, Onna, Rob. If there were other people, I apologize. I can't make it this year due to Bunnymen gigs. :)

Do people judge personas by profiles posted? So that, meaning, if you don't have anyone or anything then, you're a loser? That's kind of sad if you think about it....... It's almost like judging someone if you haven't even met them...I mean, I'll be honest. My profile here sux but, I don't have time to put anything into it nor can I really trick it out due to my job. (I had to remove my myspace profile for that similar reason)

So, whom here have you met anywhere and/or at the S&G for the infamous Morrissey/Smith nights?

I have met three people from this site in person. Actually, I've met more than three, but I've only befriended three. The others I just met at shows. One of these people has become one of my best friends. I plan to meet another person from solo during the next Moz tour. :)

I'm not going to name names but I've met people from here on several occasions going back to 1999. One of the 'Smiths Night' people is now my wife. It's funny how some of them became 'real' friends but we all just drifted apart. That's never happened to me with friends that I first met in person.
The best thing (and it's happened a few times) is that I've been talking to someone at a Smiths Night or a pre gig drink & they turned out to be a 'Soloist' but we didn't know when we started talking.

I'm not going to name names but I've met people from here on several occasions going back to 1999. One of the 'Smiths Night' people is now my wife. It's funny how some of them became 'real' friends but we all just drifted apart. That's never happened to me with friends that I first met in person.
The best thing (and it's happened a few times) is that I've been talking to someone at a Smiths Night or a pre gig drink & they turned out to be a 'Soloist' but we didn't know when we started talking.

I remember you from the chatroom. So, you did get married, congrats... I think you were at a night I was there too, one November. I don't know if your fiancee' was there at the time or not. Still, all the best!

Next stop...probable meet-up on October 1 in NYC for the Bunnymen gig at Radio City Music Hall.

Would YOU (meaning all of you) go? Even if you felt otherwise?

Next stop...probable meet-up on October 1 in NYC for the Bunnymen gig at Radio City Music Hall.

Would YOU (meaning all of you) go? Even if you felt otherwise?

I'm going to the Bunnymen show alone on Wednesday (by choice) but intend on meeting a good friend I haven't seen since I moved out of that area.

Usually I don't have much of an interest in meeting people off messageboards for various reasons. I did however meet up with someone from Solo for the first time last week and had a smashing time.

Tags
broken record i love mozzy1
Back
Top Bottom