Meet-ups w/ people from forums while on a holiday/vacation

Mozzy1, i think you should stop going places in hopes of meeting a man, or "the one" as you said. cuz you never will with that mindset. you can't anticipate that, especially everytime you leave your house, geez.

I am sorry this has happened. I don't know what to say about someone that would mention your weight while meeting after the show. If they post about it on here it just shows they aren't a very quality person. I'm sure there are other people at these events that would talk to you as a person and not be concerned with how you fit into society's definitions of perfect body shape.

Thank you.

It really does speak volumes about who they are deep inside of them. That's the one good thing about being fat, actually. It weeds out the assholes pretty quickly. (Well, that, and it's also good for bone strength, they claim. :D)

By the way, it wasn't anyone I was friends with on solo. It was people I met just because we both ended up at the same show and they found out my solo identity.

I have met numerous people from here, in person. Some I still hang out with, some I just know enough to say hi to. Nothing requires that you take an online friendship and extend it out into the real world. That's the benefit of the internet, might as well make the most of it.

So don't go to the meetup. Or, go but just don't introduce yourself. Lurk for a little while until you get a good sense of the tone. But odds are, others are just as nervous as you are.

Yes, going on vacation is stressful. What gig are you going over for?

A band I've been a fan of since I was 12...I'll see them until $ isn't feasible anymore. lol :)
The band is Echo & The Bunnymen...I'm also flying back in November but, I'll be in Liverpool for their 27th November show there. I can't wait for that trip more though. :)

Last edited:
Re: Meet-ups w/ people from forums while on a holiday/vacation...

1) Why do you ask this question? Why do you care?

2) I understand that this seems "repetitive" but, I'm trying to be logical & yet sensitive seeking if anyone else might have this situation. There's quite a few people as members of this forum therefore, I'm looking for opinions as other views.

You'd better read the following threads again:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=68319

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=69396

Thats a shame. Was you friends with these 'people' before on Solo before you met at the show?
Sounds like they the ones with the problem not you.

No, I didn't even know they were solo people until I read the ugliness the next day.

If one of my solo friends did that to me it would break my heart, I think. :(

Mozzy1, i think you should stop going places in hopes of meeting a man, or "the one" as you said. cuz you never will with that mindset. you can't anticipate that, especially everytime you leave your house, geez.

I totally understand & agree (!) with you but, I have that bad habit of thinking that positive thought at the same time, meaning, you just never know who you could meet (meaning, for a new friendship/relationship, positively speaking).

Well folks, it's been real....I'm off for my trip. Not that any of you care (just look at my profile & you'll see who "cares").

Hey though, take care & maybe I'll see ya around later...(Waves & smiles goodbye to everyone)...

1) Whom have you all met in person here? I would just fall over if I met a great man there who liked the band & me too...I met a few of the old-timers (lol) from years before at the nights I went to the Star & Garter. Some people that are here now (meaning that still post on this forum) can vouch for this. Everyone was cool. It was still very uneasy though.

2) Has anyone ever stressed over a holiday b/c of the work involved? Seriously, I just can't wait to relax, drink, de-stress & not focus on work responsibilities...I'm flying to London in a few days for the gig on Tuesday of next week. Hence too, why I'm stressing over work/the meet-up/travelling.

I went on my own to the U.S earlier this year. It was a very hasty decision - I had to get away. The stress of going on my own was immense even though I have been there several times alone and I do have a good friend there.
I was very much looking forward to going to several gigs and although on my own, in a way it made it better because I didn't have to please anyone else.
However, I was invited out one night by a member on here whom I had never met and it was this particular persons birthday 'do'. Yes, I was nervous. But I went. Then the b'day boy turned up with what seemed like loads of people whom he knew really well and I bottled it. I chickened out and didn't say hello...I stayed at the bar and had a drink before leaving. So, yes, I understand where you are coming from. Find someone - anyone - to take with you!!

It's like you felt people's eyes run up & down you, critiquing you, thinking trash about you yet, they do NOT even know you?

I met NRitH last Friday. :rolleyes: ;)

But I didn't critique you or think trash about you. As for the running my eyes up and down, welllllll...I plead the Fifth. :D

I have met numerous people from here, in person. Some I still hang out with, some I just know enough to say hi to. Nothing requires that you take an online friendship and extend it out into the real world. That's the benefit of the internet, might as well make the most of it.

This.

Tags
broken record i love mozzy1
Back
Top Bottom