In the future when all's well...Question?

slum mum 1974

Here's another possibly stoopid question: I was walking home listening to ROTT (cracking album:)) and as i listened to this song for the umpteenth time....my mind began to wander and wonder.......Moz thanks someone with all of heart......He thanks 'Lee'....So my question is, Who is Lee? Why would Moz want him to stand up and defend him? Maybe Lee is someone who is afraid of telling Moz how he really feels....

"I thank you with all of my heart
Lee, please stand up and defend me
In the future when all's well
confront what you are afraid of
in the future when all's well "

And here he says "Hold me closely
if your will allows it
in the future when all's well
paired-off pawed - till I can barely stand it ".

Now it seems to me that he is asking to be held by Lee, if Lee can allow himself to hold Moz......and it seems that Moz wants to be paired off and pawed by Lee till he can bearly stand it.......What do you think?

Oh one more thing......how ironic and how amusing i found this song....my bf is called Lee and he hates Moz:D

lol yeah, I was wondering who this "Lee" person is as well, at first I thought it just repeated "Please" but then I listened again and..;)

If you scroll down this thread, you'll find earlier threads about this song. :)

It's the one and only Francis Lee, of course ;)
My youngest kid was going to be called Lee Francis, in his honour.... but turned out to be a girl :eek:
So she was called 'Leah' instead :cool:

Jukebox Jury

IMG]http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/LEE_Francis_19700307_EL_R.jpg

If you scroll down this thread, you'll find earlier threads about this song. :)

How did you know that?

Thank you my dear

It's the one and only Francis Lee, of course ;)
My youngest kid was going to be called Lee Francis, in his honour.... but turned out to be a girl :eek:
So she was called 'Leah' instead :cool:

Jukebox Jury

IMG]http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/LEE_Francis_19700307_EL_R.jpg

Thank you too, hun.
is Leah's midle name 'Francis'?

No. It's Sarah :D. Someone tipped off the ex what the meaning of my choice of name was and it was vettoed.... :(

Jukebox Jury

Shame...:(

One of the first things the judge learnt on Solo:
-Kewpie knows Everything. The truth's mouth.

I can see where you get that from.....Kewpie is indeed omnipotent:D

Morrissey and Gerard Way in the same breath? I'm gonna puke.....

So wait: Morrissey wrote a love song to F. Lee Bailey... huh?

The F. Lee Bailey interpretation is funny and everything, but I don't see how it could be correct. The song is about someone personally defending Morrissey, not a retained attorney. The song's irony puts Lee in a negative light-- Lee will stand up and defend him one day in the future when all's well, which is another way of saying it will never happen. (All will never be well.) You wouldn't write a song about-- or include even a passing mention of-- a lawyer with whom you didn't already have a deeply personal relationship.

No, the most realistic reading of the song is that it is written from the vantage point of Marina Oswald (nee Prusakova), wife of Lee Harvey, famed patsy of American folklore. The lyrics make sense when read as her ironical exhortations to Lee, made some time shortly before that fateful November in 1963, to stand up and do something constructive with his life and help fufill her personally, as his wife and companion, all the while knowing full well that he was merely a feather's tickle away from tumbling over the cliff into the abyss.

The F. Lee Bailey interpretation is funny and everything, but I don't see how it could be correct. The song is about someone personally defending Morrissey, not a retained attorney. The song's irony puts Lee in a negative light-- Lee will stand up and defend him one day in the future when all's well, which is another way of saying it will never happen. (All will never be well.) You wouldn't write a song about-- or include even a passing mention of-- a lawyer with whom you didn't already have a deeply personal relationship.

No, the most realistic reading of the song is that it is written from the vantage point of Marina Oswald (nee Prusakova), wife of Lee Harvey, famed patsy of American folklore. The lyrics make sense when read as her ironical exhortations to Lee, made some time shortly before that fateful November in 1963, to stand up and do something constructive with his life and help fufill her personally, as his wife and companion, all the while knowing full well that he was merely a feather's tickle away from tumbling over the cliff into the abyss.

Blimey Worm
That is the conspiracy theory to end all conspiracy theories!!:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Well, that's an interesting interpretation. Kind of a stretch.

All I know is, I only heard "please, please, stand up and defend me" until just the last few days. And now I'm totally freaked out- one of those little coincidences that make me a lifelong Moz fan. Lee, to me, is an old friend of whom I once begged the same thing. Really creepy, actually. Even more is the slim chance that the two Lees, his and mine, could be the same man. I doubt we will ever know.

Blimey Worm
That is the conspiracy theory to end all conspiracy theories!!:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Get hip to the truth, JJ. EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED.

You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe. You are sleeping. You do not want to believe.

That so sad Slum mum 1974, why does you friend Lee hate Moz. Bye the way I think Gerard Way is cute too!:p

Back
Top Bottom