Greatest hits (with 2 new songs) out in Feb...

I need only look to Billy Bragg's album "Reaching to the Converted" as an example of an artist catering a release to his fans. Do you honestly believe that Morrissey at 48 years old, with no radio airplay, and scarcely a video is going to market to 18 year olds? I maybe wrong but I just don't see it happening. Does he have enough Best Of, World Of, Greatest Hits to cater to the casual fan already?

There are actually intelligent 18 year olds. I don't happen to know any, but I don't know any teenagers at all, so that means nothing. What I do know is that I fell for Morrissey's lyrics at 13, so his appeal can be broad.

Maladjusted was my first Morrissey album, and that was at his (perhaps) least advertised era...I was about 13 at the time...As said in the previous post, appeal can be broad

As much as I can't wait to download the new tracks, I can't stand it when artists make repeated "greatest hits" while they are still together. I lost count of Aerosmiths' "greatest hits" albums, I mean, give us a break. However, I can't wait for his next full-length album.

Back
Top Bottom