• Seasick, yet still docked

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Speedway

Votes: 35 14.5%
  • I know it’s going to happen some day

Votes: 8 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The voting is extremely tight, please keep voting :)

He might be upset if NFD was the choice. That song gets him into trouble. :(

This poll will run until Saturday. So when the song has been decided I'm going to put it up on the main board.

I'm also going to mention it and put a link up on the Morrissey based livejournals. To try to get as many people involved as possible.

If anyone can think of any other places worth trying please let me know.

I'm not sure about the number of downloads needed.

f***ing brilliant! Let's do this! :D

It's gotta be Hand In Glove (the irony! Morrissey was so disappointed it didn't chart well when first released)

Last edited:
www.7digital.com has individual songs available for 77p each, and I'm pretty sure they're available to customers outside of the UK.

How many downloads would we need to place in the Top 40, though? Even if everyone who voted downloaded the song twice, that's still only 320 downloads as of right now... Will that be enough?

Because Pigsty and National Front are running away with it we should start a discussion about which one is a better choice. Personally I'm leaning towards Pigsty because it is more recent (and so more of an "advertisement" for our current Moz) and The National Front Disco has an outside chance of justing causing a small bit of trouble. Not like all the papers will be saying "MORRISSEY IS RACIST!" again, but I think there will be at least some people who just find it in bad taste or will be like "sigh, here goes more controversy with that Morrissey again". Life is a Pigsty, however, is a musical statement without because of its length and uniqueness without jarring lyrics. It would be a lot of fun to see The National Front Disco chart 15 years after the controversy surrounding, and we don't want to have to "shy away" from songs that wouldn't be chosen by record companies as potential hit singles, but all in all I think Pigsty has more going for it than National Front.

Your thoughts?

www.7digital.com has individual songs available for 77p each, and I'm pretty sure they're available to customers outside of the UK.

How many downloads would we need to place in the Top 40, though? Even if everyone who voted downloaded the song twice, that's still only 320 downloads as of right now... Will that be enough?

I agree we need to get more fans involved

This poll will end on Saturday. I think we should wait a week before downloading it. I think we should spend a week trying to promote it and letting everyone know which song we’ve chosen and when we’re going to do it.

I also think we need to find some way for fans out with the UK to get involved. So if 7digital works then that would be great.

Hello all, Ive left the vote Moz into the top 40 info on his official Myspace site. Now i might leave the same info on a few other fans people that I know. This will be great if we can pull it off! National Front disco would be funny!

Back
Top Bottom