Does Morrissey drink too much

I just wondered if Morrissey was a heavy drinker, he has a sort of hungover look these days. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

I remember he once said something along the lines of "Life would have been so much easier if I just had a drinking problem"

I didn't get the impression he had a drinking problem of any sort and was interested to hear what were the basis of your claim.

To me he didn't look hungover, he looked extremely exausted and tired which is normal for someone who has been touring for months, night after night. I assume I could be wrong but it would take more then "he looked hungover" to convince me :)

i can remember better times when he didn't drink, at all. ah, it's not like the old days, is it?

Quote from Morrissey in an interview with Q magazine in 1994:

Q: Do you get drunk and have sex and take drugs?

In answer to the first part of the question, yes. I have a great interest in alcohol and as time goes by I find it more comforting, although I'm not by any means an alcoholic so please don't blandish that in heavy upper case. Earlier, in The Smiths, I was always so conscientious. It was important that I remembered all the words so perhaps I was over-cautious and over-delicate. I felt throughout the whole time of The Smiths that I was sitting on an egg, a hen on an egg and it was very important to me that it was looked after and nothing went wrong.

oh allright the next question as well....

Q: And the other parts? Do you indulge sexually and pharmaceutically?
No, I don't. But just because I don't, I don't feel like a social casualty and I don't feel I need to prove anything to anybody

oh allright the next question as well....

Q: And the other parts? Do you indulge sexually and pharmaceutically?
No, I don't. But just because I don't, I don't feel like a social casualty and I don't feel I need to prove anything to anybody
Pff... Liar.

He doesnt look hung over. He is just looking more and more like his dad. It comes to us all ( sons, that is!).

Drinking is perfectly acceptable for us Mancunian Irish Catholics ( not just Mancs either ). We have no Protestant work ethics keeping us from the drink.

I will be at the bar, with my head on the bar.

I remember he once said something along the lines of "Life would have been so much easier if I just had a drinking problem"

I didn't get the impression he had a drinking problem of any sort and was interested to hear what were the basis of your claim.

To me he didn't look hungover, he looked extremely exausted and tired which is normal for someone who has been touring for months, night after night. I assume I could be wrong but it would take more then "he looked hungover" to convince me :)
I suggest you refer to modcons post, I do not claim he has a drink problem I merely asked the question.

I suggest you refer to modcons post, I do not claim he has a drink problem I merely asked the question.

Well, I think I was answering your question.

I was just saying that if it ever crossed my mind that he had a drinking problem it would be because I heard he repeatedly stumbled across the stage with the empty bottle of vodka or something, not because he looked kinda hungover (which is how I feel and look like when I'm deprived of quality sleep for a long period of time).

Nothing wrong with what you've said it's just that I think I don't have enough information to form my opinion therefore I chose to say he's ok until the matter is a bit clearer (either way).

Back
Top Bottom