Book of Condolence Thread

Karl Wallinger, of Waterboys and World Party, died yesterday. Only 66.

Just seen that. Can't believe it.

That's a sad one.
Loved That Private Revolution album.

eric carmen,who can forget All By Myself,and he also did hungry eyes from dirty dancing as well as many others.
great singer/songwriter,r.i.p eric carmen.

eric carmen,who can forget All By Myself,and he also did hungry eyes from dirty dancing as well as many others.
great singer/songwriter,r.i.p eric carmen.

R.I.P. The Raspberries were one of those great British Invasion-revival American bands.

Well......I think they're regarded as a "power-pop" group really.

Probably, yes. I guess I hear more melody and harmony than power in them; Big Star also. I consider bands like Cheap Trick and the Flamin' Groovies as power pop. Taxonomy doesn't matter, though, I like them all.

Probably, yes. I guess I hear more melody and harmony than power in them; Big Star also. I consider bands like Cheap Trick and the Flamin' Groovies as power pop. Taxonomy doesn't matter, though, I like them all.

If you like that kind of stuff with maybe a bit of Smiths/New Order added.......check out "The Pernice Brothers. Better than Big Star in my opinion.

Screenshot_20240317-145719.png

Steve & Mick.

YOU’RE A SUCCESSFUL WRITER OF MANY YEARS AND MUCH STANDING, SO I WONDERED HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT COVER VERSIONS, AND WHAT THE COMPULSION IS TO DO SOMEONE ELSE’S MATERIAL… IT SEEMS TO BE A REAL ‘THING’ AT THE MOMENT TO DO COVERS ALBUMS – EVEN MORRISSEY’S DONE ONE.

Yeah, that’s right. Morrissey has just done a covers album, that’s right… You and I have just talked about three different versions of MAKE ME SMILE (COME UP AND SEE ME), but there are in fact one hundred and thirty three! Roughly, ha ha… That’s just the ones we know about, anyway, all around the world. Obviously I haven’t heard them all – I’ve heard about thirty or forty in my life. Mostly they’ve just been replicas of the original – but without our wonderful production which was thanks to Alan Parsons. I was the producer, but Alan Parsons was the mega-talented and magnificent engineer. So that record was a really great record mostly thanks to Alan – I’m not trying to take the credit…

FWD.

Back
Top Bottom