About a Morrissey quote

Cudweed

Well, as most you may be aware of, Morrissey is quoted for saying: "Long hair is an unpardonable offense which should be punishable by death." But was the context? Is there a question for this answer? Cudweed

Proof we are kindred spirits. I CAN'T STAND sweetened tea. So there it is. Ladies stop kissing him and men stop undressing him with your eyes, Morrissey belongs with me.

Well, as most you may be aware of, Morrissey is quoted for saying: "Long hair is an unpardonable offense which should be punishable by death." But was the context? Is there a question for this answer? Cudweed

This makes me real sad as mine is really long.Perhaps he`d make an exception as .:D

This makes me real sad as mine is really long.Perhaps he`d make an exception as .:D

I think he means long hair on men.
See the pics when he was 17 and trying to look like David Johansen :p gruesome

MOST IRRATIONAL FEAR: Marriage.
MOST EXOTIC ILLNESS YOU'VE SURVIVED: Ugly neck operation involving vile tubes.
THE BIGGEST LIE I EVER TOLD IS... ...still working to good effect, so...

Oscar Wilde would be so, so proud.

MOST IRRATIONAL FEAR: Marriage.
MOST EXOTIC ILLNESS YOU'VE SURVIVED: Ugly neck operation involving vile tubes.
THE BIGGEST LIE I EVER TOLD IS... ...still working to good effect, so...

Oscar Wilde would be so, so proud.

hahaha :p

Errr...Morrissey realized long hair didn't suit him, hence he said "Long hair is an unpardonable offense which should be punishable by death." :p

Glad he stopped growing his hair.

What I don't quite get is that he not answering the actual question, or is he? I mean, what he is being asked was: DID YOU EVER HAVE LONG HAIR? & then he answers: "Long hair is an unpardonable offense which should be punishable by death." Why does he reason like that?
Nonetheless, it seem to be a way of making some kind statement against the typically rock'n'roller, I mean one from - especially - the Sixties & Seventies. The one who also tend to smoke, shag & drink & so on. But I dunno ... Though I kinda like the idea, which by the way is a quite brave, clever & rebellious thing to do. Cudweed

Last edited:
Tags
hair morrissey quote
Back
Top Bottom