2010 / 2011 live dates?

Re: 2010 Live Dates

Having seen Moz sing live 170+ times, I think it's safe to say that I like to see him tour as much as any fan, but I pray that he takes 2010 (or at the very least, the first 6 months) off as far as touring goes. This past year he's been obviously fatigued and struggling.

I can't imagine any sane insurer would want to underwrite a 2010 Moz tour for a reasonable premium given his track record for canceling or not completing shows this past year.

Further bad news as far as concerts for Moz admirers: If you thought ticket prices in 2009 were awfully expensive, you will want to murder Irving Azoff (Ticketbastard CEO and current Moz manager) once Live Nation/Ticketbastard merge and jack up the prices even more.

Mozzer's general admission shows on the westcoast this past month averaged about $100 when including the ticketbastard fees. My first Moz show back in '91 was $18.50, and to me, that was kind of pricey. I recall turning down front row seats @ the Greek in Berkeley because the scalper wanted $40! :eek: My first concert was Fishbone @ the student union hall for $3 in 1984. Fishbone played ska back then, punks lovingly swung each other around like the teacups ride, there was no ban on stagediving, and I never got over how intoxicatingly insane and fun live shows can be.

Having seen Moz sing live 170+ times, I think it's safe to say that I like to see him tour as much as any fan, but I pray that he takes 2010 (or at the very least, the first 6 months) off as far as touring goes. This past year he's been obviously fatigued and struggling.

I can't imagine any sane insurer would want to underwrite a 2010 Moz tour for a reasonable premium given his track record for canceling or not completing shows this past year.

Further bad news as far as concerts for Moz admirers: If you thought ticket prices in 2009 were awfully expensive, you will want to murder Irving Azoff (Ticketbastard CEO and current Moz manager) once Live Nation/Ticketbastard merge and jack up the prices even more.

Mozzer's general admission shows on the westcoast this past month averaged about $100 when including the ticketbastard fees. My first Moz show back in '91 was $18.50, and to me, that was kind of pricey. I recall turning down front row seats @ the Greek in Berkeley because the scalper wanted $40! :eek: My first concert was Fishbone @ the student union hall for $3 in 1984. Fishbone played ska back then, punks lovingly swung each other around like the teacups ride, there was no ban on stagediving, and I never got over how intoxicatingly insane and fun live shows can be.
only I saw once,this year it was very important for my life, if I were an egoist , I say that after this concert was not necessary more concerts . I suppose are many young fans who still never seen him , I THINK morrissey would like see new faces in every concert.
you know there situations are bored and tired like ...........::mock:

I would gladly pay any price if he would actually just come my way. From the sounds of Mozzer's statement on TTY he gives the impression it was Australian and NZ tour and venue operators that were the problem and not his unwillingness to go to my part of the world.

Tour 2010?

Last night I asked to Boz about dates of new tour and he answered to me: "have no news on dates, i am having some time off!".

Re: Tour 2010?

He's relatively easy to talk to on facebook.
His status today says he's going to the dentist :D

3057908882_b299900f7a.jpg

Re: Tour 2010?

Lovely picture, thank you mcrickson, hadn't seen it before

:lbf:
I just google image searched "boz boorer smiling" :D
I have no idea where it's from.

Anyway, Boz updated us that there were no surprises at the dentist's office :thumb:

I thought 2009 was a great year for Morrissey! I liked Years of Refusal and I liked the tour, he brought back "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" and "You Just Haven't Earned it Yet, Baby" and played it with other Smiths songs such as "This Charming Man", "How Soon Is Now", "Ask". If that wasn't a good year then I don't know what was! I want him to bring back "Sister I'm A Poet" and "Girl Least Likely To"!

Not to mention Seasick, amazing to hear him sing that. One of his stand-out songs.

I would gladly pay any price if he would actually just come my way. From the sounds of Mozzer's statement on TTY he gives the impression it was Australian and NZ tour and venue operators that were the problem and not his unwillingness to go to my part of the world.

Sounds like it, would have been nice if he could have just stated that back in the day rather than keeping us hanging on and hanging on .. like we used to say back in the Aus/NZ thread, just a note saying he wouldnt be coming would have been better than nothing.

Doesnt sound like he's too miffed about missing it though with his "thats life" shrug off after explaining that the tour fell through. I dont think he's gonna come back here .. he apparently tried last year and it fell through so I doubt he'll put effort into trying again :(

Not to mention Seasick, amazing to hear him sing that. One of his stand-out songs.

Yeah I completely agree with you, mate...He sings it better than it is on the record, his voice has matured more which is great for them songs!

let the man rest up... we all know he's gonna cancel half his gigs if he were to put another tour together.

let the man rest up... we all know he's gonna cancel half his gigs if he were to put another tour together.

maybe 20%.

But I still think 2010 will see some shows. It's really the only way an artist makes money these days.

Rock and roll records ain't selling this year.

I put money on that Morrissey will have enough money to spend until he dies, he's not that bothered about the money...I dunno what he's actually bothered about apart from the fans.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I've never seen him live!! So I would love some 2010 dates, however, I think if rest/recuperation/whatever it may be is what he needs then that should come first. I suppose it's really up to him eh?

Tags
2011 morrissey tour
Back
Top Bottom