Main
Thu, Sep 30 1999
KROQ chat transcript

Here's an edited transcript from the KROQ chat last night. Thanks to Vu (from the transcript at his site, Recycled Papers) for providing much of what I missed. Feel free to add any additional info or make corrections.
  • Also be sure to check out the web chat feature story at MorrisseyTour.com that went up last night for some commentary as well as Morrissey's responses from the chat.
  • Notable answers:

re: the next album,
    The next album has been written but has yet to be recorded b/c I'm waiting to find a new deal. But the songs are the best yet.

re: reunion with Marr,
    Not even on the darkest nights.
I was a little late to the chat (KROQ's site wasn't very intuitive) and it took a while to figure out how to prevent the chat from scrolling at what seemed like 10 lines per second. I believe there were approximately 350 to 400 people at the chat, which was more than enough to make it a chaotic experience. The actual chat lasted for about 50 minutes. From what I hear many had a hard time getting into the chat, if they could find the link on the KROQ site in the first place.

Comments / Notes (55)
Tour dates in Spain cancelled?

Confusion regarding the Spanish dates continues. From Manuel Rios:

I'm afraid La Iguana promoters are telling everyone that the gigs in Spain have been cancelled...

From Rafael Sanchez Leal:

I have spoken with the concert hall "La Riviera" en Madrid and they confirm that Morrissey will appear here next 29 October. What about Portugal then?

Comments / Notes (8)
Spencer's band - now Elva Snow - tonight in NYC

From Angela:

Spencer's band is now going by the name Elva Snow. They are playing a show tonight (Thurs) at 11:00 at Acme Underground (for more info)

Comments / Notes (7)
Poll: The KROQ chat was...

The KROQ chat was...
Cool
Alright / As you'd expect
Frustrating
Didn't make it
KROQ sucks

Results | Past Polls
Comments / Notes (30)

* return to Morrissey-solo