by David T. <[email protected]>
The KROQ chat was...
Cool
Alright / As you'd expect
Frustrating
Didn't make it
KROQ sucks

Results | Past Polls

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

I didnt listen to it but Moz is always interesting. But it depends a lot on whether he was comfortable with the medium.

DisCharmingJohan <[email protected]>
Sweden - Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 08:58:43 (PDT) | #1

Truly disappointing...truly truly truly...ohhhhh..Your "Yipster"

Kali <[email protected]>
- Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 10:50:31 (PDT) | #2

It was crap. The format was terrible. I hope that KROQ shuts down and I will never have to hear the likes of Blink 182 or Kid Rock ever again!

Light that never goes out <[email protected]>
Los Angeles - Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 14:56:55 (PDT) | #3

I thought that it was poorly run and very chaotic. It seemed like some of the best questions were not answered, and many of the answers, while some were witty, were not very informative. It was better than nothing I guess, but I prefer a regular phone in interview.

joe (aka louderthanbombs) or to moz, louderthanmusic <[email protected]>
- Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 16:29:37 (PDT) | #4

Outside of Morrisey's insufferable arrogance, the moderator needs to be hanged! Who was he/she/it anyway?

Louderthanbombs, I noticed that too!

Stalwart Lover <[email protected]>
- Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 17:59:41 (PDT) | #5

hopefully people will now know that kroq is a radio station not a type of music. And if it was a type of music it'd suck.

- Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 19:13:11 (PDT) | #6

The KROQ chat room sucked, none of my questions sent to Morrissey were answered and same goes for the majority of people who were there. They said any last questions for Morrissey at the end and I just about flipped out!!! I gave him a range of questions and I didn't appreciate the fact that he kept talking to the same people!!!

Death of a disco dancer
- Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 20:07:10 (PDT) | #7

Kroq sucks, (except for love line)
The Chat sucked,
The questions sucked,
The people who logged on sucked,
The people who set this up sucked,
Morrissey on the other hand, did not suck.

red <[email protected]>
Lost Angeles - Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 21:12:52 (PDT) | #8

i guess it was a good idea back in the drawing room, but things usually don't go as expected. At least we have Y107 that plays the Smiths on a regular basis... and now they'll be playing rock en espanol on Sunday nights! KROQ sucks!!!

EDDIE <[email protected]>
city of angels - Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 22:19:56 (PDT) | #9

I didn't get my questions answerd which made me mad because I thought they would go one by one ansering questions but they didn't which sucked and he stood only 45 minutes answering questions and I thought he would be there for 1 1/2 to 2 hours answering questions. Kroq didn't set up the interview right and should not do it again if it's going to be like that, they should do it over the phone for Morrissey and give him some air time on the radio.

bobby <[email protected]>
- Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 04:09:49 (PDT) | #10

Red,
I have my suspicions that in fact Morrissey probably does suck, I hope I'm wrong but....

Lincoln
West Palm Beach Florida - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 06:50:32 (PDT) | #11

I wanted to Know if Morrissey was applying for U.S. citizenship? Can he even say The Pledge of Allegiance???(ha)

Caleb
Miami Beach - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 07:25:13 (PDT) | #12

I think everyone should use the word SUCK one more time in their posts because that would make them so much more enjoyable to read.

John McMinnis
Austin, TX - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 07:50:18 (PDT) | #13

I think KROQ should be shutdown or should be more like Y107.@#!!! KROQ I hate the music they play.

Downtown_la
The City of Angels - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 08:28:18 (PDT) | #14

I totally agree with DisCharmingJohan (Mozzer from Jerusalem), it depends a lot on whether he was comfortable with the medium.

Bjørn Ove <[email protected]>
Norway - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 10:18:11 (PDT) | #15

personally i think kroq sucks major d.i.c.k.
MORRISSEY is to good for them... he should of gone to y-107..... thats all...

eddie <[email protected]>
- Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 10:53:10 (PDT) | #16

Lincoln,
I couldn't agree with you more!

anne
- Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 12:11:30 (PDT) | #17

this must be the one millionth time in saying this...but kroq sucks

southern cal needs a new bastion of good music...

state of emergency
- Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 12:43:28 (PDT) | #18

For true music lovers...try the chris carter mess on Y107 on sunday nights. It kicks major arse. Plus like someone said before. The red zone on Y107 was a long time coming. I'm glad Y107 they play smiths songs (not only "how soon is now?" & "bigmouth strikes...") but others and Morrissey songs on a daily basis. Morrissey should really think of doing a interview with Y107...He did before but for a New York synicate which plays on Y107 on weekends. But here in Moz Angeles. I'm sorry to say, but KROQ sucks. Once Carson Daly left Kroq it went downhill...that guy was funny.Moz if your listening...do an interview with Jessie on Y107, She be a great host.

Moz cowboy <[email protected]>
Long Beach - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 14:16:12 (PDT) | #19

Ok, John McGinnis as a person you Suck!
Have a sucky day!

Caleb
Miami Beach - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 14:21:08 (PDT) | #20

KROQ is the bits floating in your toilet AFTER you flush.

Pollack
Pepto - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 18:27:11 (PDT) | #21

How do I know if that was the real Morrissey?
Anyway, all of you: Moz doesn't sucks!!!!!!

Nina Simone <[email protected]>
Santiago de Chile - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 18:42:38 (PDT) | #22

Why are we giving praise to Y-107?? They're not that much better than KROQ! Ever since the stupid change, Y-107 sucks major arse. And Jessie is SO not a good host! I HATE HER! DOWN WITH JESSIE!! WE WANT ANDY BACK! HANG THE DJ!! I liked Andy. He was cool and was actually funny.

The Lonely Superstar <[email protected]>
Southern Calif - where the ground moves and the traffic doesn't - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 21:13:08 (PDT) | #23

Morrissey (the REAL Steven Patrick Morrissey, please) is cordially invited to do a chat session in my WebNet chat room on IRC called #Cemetry_Gates. :) (No this isn't a shameless plug.) :) So, Moz...or your webslave as the case may be...if you're reading this, take heed!!

Bigmouth Strikes Again <[email protected]>
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 21:29:50 (PDT) | #24

For all of you who voted "KROQ sucks", you're all spoiled. Considering the world famous station has had its website up since march, the chat with morrissey should be anything but ridiculed. I suggest all of you who didn't vote in favor of the chat to go to hell. Sorry, but that is my opinion. KROQ RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Richard Blade <[email protected]>
Los Angeles - Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 20:08:50 (PDT) | #25

Hehe, that's pretty funny Richard...
But how can we blame you? Biting the hand that feeds you?... Never! But making a mockery of your taste in public-now that's gonna get you a nice bonus this year...
Just kidding... Everyone's got a right to their opinions, even if they are erroneous, fallacious, specious and unsound...

We tried and we failed...

Mozluvr

Mozluvr <[email protected]>
Los Angeles - Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 23:21:28 (PDT) | #26

ive been listening to kroq for the last 15 years and they continue to progresively get worse, but still manage to milk bands like the smiths by playing one or two songs over and over and over. on the other hand y 107 has made me happy by allowing me to listen to smiths songs on the radio on a regular basis,if you feel the same way why not write to them and let them know!

oscar
los angeles california - Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 00:27:22 (PDT) | #27

My dear Richard:

As Morrissey fans, we will never be thrilled with what anyone does. It is our nature to hate everything. Morrissey is the notable exception. We hate his new albums, his clothes, his weight, his hair, his band, his selection in films, where he lives, who he hangs out with,and his sexuality, but we still love the guy. He's still a great guy.

But your chat did have some problems. If for two seconds the person who had written the html could have taken 5 seconds out of their busy schedule to type a short paragraph to begin to explain where the chat was and how to get in, you would have many more happy campers than what you have now.

I know that many of us fans aren't incredibly street smart since we don't leave our houses and read books all day and lie around and think of Morrissey nekkid, but I think it is a bit of a coincidence that more than one of them could not figure out how to get into the chat. I know that it's a blow to our free thinking spirit, but people like to be told what to do and where to go.

Even if you had a web page since march, I'm sure your staff who designed it was fluent enough in computer jive from actually looking at other web sites.

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est? - Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 01:13:28 (PDT) | #28

Morrissey Sucks,
KROQ Sucks,
The Chat sucked,
The questions sucked,
The people who logged on sucked,
The people who set this up sucked,
in fact everything sucks....

Dick Nose
- Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 14:42:56 (PDT) | #29

HEY DICK NOSE.....you need to get a life!

Selena <[email protected]>
Long Beach, California - Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 18:37:35 (PDT) | #30

* return to Morrissey-solo