Main
Mon, Sep 27 1999
Tour updates

From Fabio D'Antonio:

Only today it seems to be true after 14 years that Morrissey will come back in Italy touring...

The club for Modena (3 Nov) is the Palasport (I think about 5000 people capacity). For Milano I don't know...

As soon as possible I'll put on my web site all the details for the Italian gigs, how to get tickets, telephone numbers and all...

From Mark Deveney:

There is a lot of crap going around, re: Moz in London, NONE OF THE SHOWS ARE SOLD OUT!!

I literally bought 2 tickets this morning through 'firstcall' booking agency for the Sun 14th Show...

PS: Its not got an @Isle of Dogs' title here and uses the Southpaw cover as the backdrop.

strange eh!!

From Luis M. Graça:

As you can imagine it was nice when I first found out about the Porto-Portugal gig but there´s something wrong. At your site the show is on Oct. 31 but, at the Coliseum site it´s placed for Oct. 29.

Who´s right?

I would definitely say the venue's site is correct. That means the date for Madrid (originally the 29th) must have changed also. Apart from the original tour date announcements, I have not received any updates from any sources close to the tour, so keep letting me know if you find out anything new.

Regarding coverage of the tour on this site -- my plan is that info for each show can be submitted via the tour page in the discussion board format (right now it's set up for the first four shows). I will then compile what is submitted there into summaries. In 1997 I compiled tour info from e-mail each night which worked ok, but I could not keep up in some cases. Following the tour through the internet is not quite the same thing as following it in person, but for most the latter is impossible so I hope you'll be able to contribute to the former when you can.

Adding to some of my frustrations are the site's downtimes (the last one lasted from Sun. night til Mon. morning)  - problems with the ISP since their equipment upgrade last month have not ended. I will continue switching ISPs but at the moment I have been assured they are trying their best to fix the problems.

Comments / Notes (10)
Mike Joyce website online

From Stefan Sahlander:

Got this link just now...

http://www.mikejoyce.com

Including some news:

---------
2. Mike is also scheduled to co-write a book with other former Smiths musician, Andy Rourke documenting their experiences within the band providing as yet unseen information and documents on the band's history, development and ultimate break up.

3. Forthcoming interviews on Mike's re-emergence back on to the music scene can be seen in Magnet, Modern Drummer and Alternative Press magazines in the US. Publications dates as yet unavailable but they will be posted on the press board when in print.

4. Mike will be a guest attendee at the CMJ Conference in New York in September '99.

5. Mike is discussing the possibility of an unlikely collaboration by doing some remixes for premiere US drum ' bass artist Jordana (a.k.a. 1.8.7) on Liquid Sky records having met recently on a trip to New York.

Comments / Notes (11)
Janeane Garofalo mentions The Smiths on "The Late Show"

From Peter Lynn:

During Janeane Garafolo's appearance on Friday's "Late Show" (or whatever the hell the program is called) host Craig Kilborn, in an attempt to woo his guest, had his audience sing out "Sweetness!" at her. Happily, she finished the sentence with "... I was only joking when I said" and immediately mentioned "Bigmouth Strikes Again" as the title of the song she was referencing.

She then went on to say that she can't listen to "How Soon is Now?" without crying, because it reminds her of her terrible years in college, when she was overweight at 160 lbs and unattractive enough to shield herself behind a "goth" style of dress (which she deemed the refuge of fat girls).

Comments / Notes (72)
Electronic 'best of' coming soon?

From Shawn Marpoe:

I don't know how much you keep track of Johnny's work but apparently there is a "best of" album by Electronic coming out in Japan sometime in November. That's according to a record store here in Japan anyways...

Comments / Notes (23)

* return to Morrissey-solo