Main
Tue, Sep 14 1999
Johnny Marr WILL be at Coachella (with Beck), solo shows in Oct.

From Gerald Acuna:

I guess it's not a rumor after all. I know this issue has been going back and forth but here's another source, this time from Rodney on the Roq from KROQ. On his show Rodney (Bingenheimer), who seems to know just about everything about the britpop scene, states that him and Johnny were talking about various issues from not being in Oasis to Johnny interviewing David Bowie. Plus Rodney stated that Johnny IS going to play the Coachella Music festival, BUT only with Beck and NOT with Morrissey. As a bonus, Rodney says that Johnny most likely is going to play some gigs in the L.A. area probably late October, so look out for him and his new band. And guess who's drumming for his new band: none other than Ringo Starr's son.

Plus Rodney States that Oasis is not going to ask Andy Rourke to join the band as some rumors have stated. (if I heard correctly).

Just wanted to state this info in hopes that since Marr and Moz are going to perform on the same venue and same night. Maybe they should kiss and make-up for all of their adoring fans. Coachella 99'...see you all there.

Additionally, from John Emett:

I was listening to "Rodney on the Roq," (KROQ's Britpop and indie show) on Sunday night and he was relating stories on his recent trip to London. He interviewed Johnny Marr and Marr said he WILL NOT play with Morrissey and is sticking to his own work with Beck. He also said that Marr will be playing @ The Roxy in LA at the end of OCT to promote his new work.

Comments / Notes (31)
Smiths reference on Radiohead site

From Bristol Nick:

Radiohead are at work on their next album, and guitarist Ed is keeping fans up to date with an online diary. In his September 9 entry he writes about a new song:

'
'knives out' sounding quite 'smiths-esque'. especially phil who has got that mike joyce thing down to a tee.'

Sounds promising!

Comments / Notes (11)
Tour update: Leeds tickets available now

From issy and Jeane:

Just to let you know that we bought tickets from the Leeds Town and Country today. They are available from the venue 0113 280 0100... Ticketmaster didn't have any outside London... NME didn't have anything!

Comments / Notes (1)
Not Friends?

From Stefan Sahlander:

It seems like they have canceled Morrissey's contribution on the Friends 2 soundtrack. Track listing is in the CDNOW article "Friends Again Soundtrack Takes Shape" as mentioned on the Reprise site.

The "Friends 2" soundtrack was supposed to come out a year ago and feature "Oh Well, I'll Never Learn" (Feb. 24, 1998 article).

Comments / Notes (17)
Morrissey, Drive Me Home web page (Spanish)

From Manuel Rios:

I am very happy to inform you about the Morrissey, drive me home web page that Matías and I have just started.

It´s in Spanish but I hope people everywhere are interested in some of the stuff we have prepared.

There is La Fotografía, which has a picture taken by me and changed every month.

There are 1997 interviews translated into Spanish, more pictures, discuss, el single (in which each solo single is gonna be translated and commented), etc.

There will be a chat every week to meet all of us in the channel Morrissey of the irc.arrakis.es IRC server. First one will be on Wednesday 12 am (Spain time).

We hope to see you all there. We hope to hear everybody's comments.

Manuel has been doing the paper edition of the Morrissey, Drive Me Home fanzine since 1992.

Comments / Notes (15)
Morrissey calendar - "18 Months Hard Labour"

These July 1999 - Dec. 2000 calendars are limited in supply, so if you want one, I suggest you reserve it soon. Lots of great fans photos and throughout the calendar are important dates in Morrissey / Smiths history. From moz.ho99:

The calendar is $16 plus shipping. If someone pre-orders the calendar and picks it up during one of the Morrissey shows from Phoenix to Coachella, it will be $15 only.

Additional info regarding the calendar and methods of shipping are on this web page.

Comments / Notes (2)

* return to Morrissey-solo