Main
Smiths reference on Radiohead site
Posted on Tue, Sep 14 1999 at 10:04 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Bristol Nick:

Radiohead are at work on their next album, and guitarist Ed is keeping fans up to date with an online diary. In his September 9 entry he writes about a new song:

'
'knives out' sounding quite 'smiths-esque'. especially phil who has got that mike joyce thing down to a tee.'

Sounds promising!

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

What, bursting into tears?

Joe <[email protected]>
Delaware - Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 11:33:55 (PDT) | #1

I have heard of them but I have never heard any of there songs before does anyone think Radiohead is any good?? I know they liked the Smiths. These lyrics would never cut it in my band. The End.................

Warren
Chespaw - Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 11:55:23 (PDT) | #2

Oh how I love radiohead. Warren, if you haven't heard Radiohead check out The Bends

The Girl Racer <[email protected]>
Chicago - Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 12:25:22 (PDT) | #3

...and OK Computer. Radiohead kicks @$$

maribel
- Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 14:20:26 (PDT) | #4

Why is Mike Joyce known for 'bursting into tears'?

mysterious eel
- Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 20:51:44 (PDT) | #5

Mike Joyce apparently burst into tears during an early live performance of "I Don't Owe You Anything." (I don't remember when or where it was...)

Tara <[email protected]>
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 23:04:30 (PDT) | #6

Tara,
Are you being serious? Did he really just
start crying for no reason in the middle of
a live show. Thats wierd

Warrenito
Chespaw - Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 08:37:22 (PDT) | #7

I've heard mike bursted into tears during the recording sessions of I won't share you. He thinks that song is dedicated form moz to johnny marr.

juan soler <[email protected]>
A Coruņa (Espaņa) - Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 14:26:51 (PDT) | #8

Radiohead is definitley promising good stuff, because that's only what they have. Whoever hasn't heard of them-it's a must! Gotta agree with you racergirl The Bends!!! By the way I had never heard of that bursting into tears thing-interesting.

Veronica <[email protected]>
Arleta,CA. - Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 22:47:16 (PDT) | #9

yes he did burst into tears, umm... Radiohead has a great song called "Creep" which was 3rd most likely to be a cover that Morrissey sings, results were from MOPE which is on the it "May All End Tomorrow" web site.

S-T-E-V-E-N <[email protected]>
Garden Grove, Ca - Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 21:39:46 (PDT) | #10

thom yorke Vs. MORRISEY?????????

NO FRICKIN' CONTEST (IT'S MORRISEY BY THE WAY!radiohead are a bunch of upper middle class A-holes who have never experienced angst in their lives.

MARK
SALFORD(NEAR WHERE MORRISSEY WAS BORN,ENGLAND,DAMMIT!) - Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 07:25:37 (PDT) | #11

* return to Morrissey-solo