Main
Wed, Sep 1 1999
Johnny Marr answers Coachella rumors

From Colin:

I just heard a quick snippet of a radio interview with Johnny Marr on the Tom Dunne radio show on Today FM (Ireland).

When asked if he'd reform with Moz at Coachella he joked "Yeah, we're gonna reform tomorrow." He went on to say something along the lines of:

"I barely have time to hang around with the musicians I like these days... The idea of playing with someone I used to hang around with years ago seems ludicrous to me."

Comments / Notes (75)
Brussels, Belgium tour date (Oct. 12) - rumor

The latest tour date rumor is Brussels on Oct. 12, right before the German shows. No info on venue / tickets yet.

Comments / Notes (10)
More Santa Barbara ticket info

From Sergio:

Ok... some more info on the Santa Barbara show.. Called the Arlington Theater (805-963-4408) just now..

Tix will go on sale Saturday, September, 4th at NOON (12pm). Prices are $41.00 and $28.00 (service charges ARE NOT included if you plan to purchase thru Ticketmaster)...

The venue seats 2000 and get this... El Vez (The Mexican Elvis) will be the opening act!!! Yes, the rumors were true.

Comments / Notes (18)
Billy Bragg covers "Jeane" in concert

I believe they were talking about the last time Billy Bragg played the House Of Blues (June 25, 1998) and Morrissey was backstage at that one -- I'm pretty certain he wasn't at this one. From Mannix:

Just thought I'd let you know what happened at the House of Blues Los Angeles last night, August 30th.

"This is a song from a group who are no longer around to play it themselves live."

With that introduction, Billy Bragg began his acoustic cover of "Jeane" by, of course, The Smiths. The interesting thing was that later backstage Bragg told us he heard that Morrissey himself had worked his way backstage during the performance. Bragg's guitar player (Lu Edmonds, I believe) had talked to Morrissey during Billy's solo set. Morrissey made mention that his Porsche was recently stolen from the driveway of his rented home.

The cover was brilliant.

Comments / Notes (15)
Mention in Armond White book (1995)

From Abrahan Garza:

It may be old news, but I don't recall ever seeing this on the site. I was out sick Thursday and Friday of last and when I returned to the office, there was an envelope with my name on it. In the mystery package were some photocopies of a book. The book is called "The Persistance, Ten Years of Pop Culture That Shook the World" by Armond White. In several chapters, the author mentions Morrissey in live performances such as Morrissey's first Madison Square Garden concert, that chapter is called "Asian Rut Indeed."

The book was first published in 1995 by The Overlook Press, Lewis Hollow Road, Woodstock, NY 12498

Comments / Notes (3)
KROQ's Labor Day 90's 500

How about everyone include the same song in one of their votes (I suggest "Jack The Ripper"). From Gerald Acuna:

I know I'm kinda late on this info but I just came across it and maybe we still have a chance to make a difference. This news is regarding a L.A. radio station KROQ 106.7 and they're having their KROQ's Labor Day 90's 500. You can vote for yours truly by logging onto kroq.com and click onto vote for labor section.

Click on the bar for artist and go down to Morrissey and then click onto song bar and they have Moz's most popular 90's songs already there for you to vote. F.Y.I. they are Glamorous Glue/Jack the Ripper/My Love Life/ November Spawned a Monster/Ouija Board Ouija Board/Our Frank/Sing Your Life/That's Entertainment/The More You Ignore Me/We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful. Please vote even though we only have a short time to vote:

Deadline to vote: 10pm (West Coast) Thursday, September 2, 1999.

Please vote so we don't have to hear all those songs by Limp Biskit and well nevermind. VOTE!

Comments / Notes (4)
Poll: What is your gender?

What is your gender?
Male
Female
Hermaphrodite

Results | Past Polls
Comments / Notes (48)

* return to Morrissey-solo