Main
More Santa Barbara ticket info
Posted on Wed, Sep 1 1999 at 8:53 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Sergio:

Ok... some more info on the Santa Barbara show.. Called the Arlington Theater (805-963-4408) just now..

Tix will go on sale Saturday, September, 4th at NOON (12pm). Prices are $41.00 and $28.00 (service charges ARE NOT included if you plan to purchase thru Ticketmaster)...

The venue seats 2000 and get this... El Vez (The Mexican Elvis) will be the opening act!!! Yes, the rumors were true.

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

41 bucks plus service charge!?! whoa, thats pretty steep compared to the 28 dollar tickets. can anyone give a discription of the joint? how big and how close are the seats? are there seats!?!? im gonna go no matter the price but compared to coachella (50 bucks for like 50 bands) i just thought this was a bit ridiculous. just my opinion...

Joey in O.C. <[email protected]>
- Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 09:54:44 (PDT) | #1

Hey all! If you have never had the pleasure of seeing El Vez live you are in for a treat! It is hysterical! They (he has a fairly large band) are brilliant. And he is quite a handsome devil at that! Easy to understand Morrissey's fondness. See you in VEGAS!

greggy-ta
on the set of "I love Lucy" LUUUUCCCCCCCYYYY! - Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 10:02:52 (PDT) | #2

Arlington Theatre is a great place to play. It's actually a small old fashioned movie theatre. Cool!

R Chou
- Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 11:34:58 (PDT) | #3

I'LL SEE YOU GUYS IN SANTA BARBARA!!! WOO-HOO!!

maribelle
- Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 12:32:31 (PDT) | #4

ACK! 41 bucks! Alright, well, is there a standing room (pit?) or is it all seats? is there balconey? I may have to go to Vegas after all!

Chris

Chris <[email protected]>
LA - Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 13:43:49 (PDT) | #5

True Morrissey fans will pay any price to see the
man. He's worth seeing at any price. I hope to see you there, it's a must!

lalo <[email protected]>
Carson, CA - Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 09:47:58 (PDT) | #6

True Moz fans will pay anything to see him, but still... you can't help but wonder why he doesn't see about the ticket prices. He should take a cue from Fugazi and keep the prices low. His fan base includes so many young people; surely he remembers when he was a teenager/in his early twenties when he had no money?

Unloveable
- Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 10:20:28 (PDT) | #7

i just checked the ticketmaster site and they finally posted the santa barbara show. good luck everyone!

*maribel* @----->-----

maribel
riverside, ca - Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 19:45:58 (PDT) | #8

There's a record store in Santa Monica,CA called Vinyl Fetish that has a lot of Morrissey/The Smiths t-shirts for anyone interested. The price is around $ 14.99 and they also have other goodies to choose from. Anyone in Los Angeles should check them out!

lalo <[email protected]>
Carson, CA - Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 09:36:07 (PDT) | #9

Got my tix.. hope everyone got some... damn that Ticketmaster, $5.50 service charge...
see you all there..

Serg <[email protected]>
Los Angeles, CA. - Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 12:44:01 (PDT) | #10

i purchased my tix for santa barbara today and
was dissapointed not to see many moz fans out there!
oh well, see you guys there!!!!!

gerry <[email protected]>
- Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 00:01:13 (PDT) | #11

Checked w/ Ticketmaster today (Sunday, Sept. 5th), tickets ARE NOT sold out for this show, looks like only half are gone. So if you haven't yet, get your tix.

Serg <[email protected]>
Los Angeles, CA. - Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 10:07:06 (PDT) | #12

there is a balcony at the alington. it is a nice place to see a band. I don't if they allow standing in the front of the stage. they didn't at the last show i saw at the arlington. Parking may be a bitch!!!! so get there early.

pete <glamboy420>
lompoc - Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 02:12:41 (PDT) | #13

oh yeah!! what seating did everyone get?? i was first in line, with the ticket lady sittong there hitting return until the ticket poped out. i got row m. I should have had better. I think the venue kept some tickets tickets for the box office?

pete <glamboy420>
lompoc - Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 02:15:09 (PDT) | #14

Just called the arlington!!!!!!!! Ticketmaster had a mix up on saturday, when the tics went onsale. They were suppose to go onsale at 12 pm, well they had a little bo bo. They accidently put the tics onsale at 10 am for a short while. when i was infront of the line for the 12pm deadline, tics hadn't gone on sale, so they must had found the error and stop selling them until 12!!!! that is why some of us who were first in line got such crappy seats. oh well, mozz will be worth it anyhow!

pete <[email protected]>
SB - Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 13:03:41 (PDT) | #15

just to let you all know that santa barbara concert guards won't allow anyone to rush the stage. If this was to happen,like blur; they will end the concert.

pete <[email protected]>
SB - Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 16:07:39 (PDT) | #16

whats up with the next MORRISEY/SMITHS convention L.A. is were the true morrisey fans are except at Salesian. best album has to be Beetoven was deaf the live cd."you dont agree, but you dont refuse" @#!!! all morrissey haters and fake fans. shout out to my girl crystal and true phantoms.

shotcaller
- Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 20:36:52 (PDT) | #17

When I went to ticket master it was sad, no one was there to buy tickets, but I got mine in row F. The place is pretty small so any seats should be good. see ya there.

Sonnet
- Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 22:24:03 (PDT) | #18

* return to Morrissey-solo