posted by davidt on Tuesday June 12 2007, @12:00PM
The old news about Morrissey picking his grave was picked up and passed around to several news sources yesterday. The source that the articles incorrectly / failed to mention is actually the interview in LA Weekly from Jan. 2007 ("Moz The Cat", interview by Kate Sullivan - page 3).

Link from Tottenham Tom:
Morrissey picks out his grave - Digital Spy

Link from Marco:
Morrissey announces where he wants to be buried - NME.com

Link from pubrockcoma:
Morrissey Picks Out Final Resting Place - Gigwise
An anonymous person writes:
Writer/Comedian David Baddiel says The Beatles are "twee" (hooray!), "Dancing Queen" is the best pop single yet made, and Moz, Bowie and Jarvis Cocker are the greatest British lyricists!

His word: David Baddiel - Times Online

Excerpt:

Morrissey too, when he avoids the literal, is an astonishing word-smith – it is poetry, both witty and poignant, to describe an episode of impotence in the face of heterosexual advance with the words “And Sorrow’s Native Son/ He will not smile for anyone” as he does in Pretty Girls Make Graves, although for me his most plangent line is “And when a train goes by/ It’s such a sad sound” from the obscure track Nowhere Fast.
Bullz-Eye.com does a regular feature where they explore the "deep cuts" of a particular artist's catalog. This month: Morrissey & The Smiths.

(And since surely no-one will agree with all of the selections or perceptions, comments and alternate suggestions can be left here.)
Part Time Dave writes:
Joost is high quality full screen on demand TV for your computer - it is still very much in the Beta testing stage, although a lucky few are being invited to test it out, and see what the fuss is about, and that's why I'm contacting you & Morrissey fans :)

One of the channels already in the beta test includes live concert footage of Morrissey from London's Koko - part of the C4 program London Live.

Applying for an invite is easy, follow this link, and invite yourself, follow the instructions, download the Joost software, and launch it - Morrissey is on the i-Channel.

http://www.joost.com/presents/digitalspy
Morrissey nadie como él

El intérprete inglés dio el viernes un concierto antológico en el Hollywood Bowl

Josep Parera
Lunes, 11 de junio de 2007
Quince años. Este ha sido el tiempo que Steven Patrick Morrissey, más conocido por su apellido y por ser el líder de la desaparecida banda The Smiths, ha tenido que esperar para que, tal y como él dijo, "me permitieran regresar al Hollywood Bowl".
La espera fue larga, pero como se dice comúnmente, valió la pena.
Jamie writes:
Don't Start Feeling All "Romantic" Clubnight

Friday June 29th

PASSIONS JUST LIKE MINE (A Morrissey & Smiths Disco)
Come to our disco where the DJs will play anything from The Smiths to Morrissey (with a few bits and bobs of stuff like Belle & Sebastian, Hefner and Pulp played as the whim takes us) and you could meet someone that really loves you. The romantic and square, gladioli, wallflowers, drooping quiffs, daffodils and the young and not so young are all welcome.

At The Red Room, Rescue Rooms, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham
Doors are at 9:30pm - 1:30am
Entry is £3 on the door

questions and what not are directed to www.dontstartfeelingallromantic.co.uk

Today's News | June 13 | June 11  >

[ home | terms of service ]