posted by davidt on Friday June 08 2007, @11:00PM
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Informative and interesting posts will be moderated up and highlighted. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
posted by davidt on Friday June 08 2007, @11:00AM
AK Raza writes:
The Edge 103.9 FM held the contest before the show in Sun City West near Phoenix on June 2 in partnership with Nederlander who is promoting this tour. At least 20 fans participated in the contest. We were told that we were playing for 2 posters autographed by MORRISSEY. After the drawing was held (the contest consisted of a round MOZ trivia questions followed by names being placed in a hat), the winners (I was one of them) were informed that MORRISSEY had not yet signed the posters but that he would and that the posters would be mailed to us. The kind DJs-Interns from Edge 103.9 FM gave us the card of the Director of Marketing for Nederlander in Arizona, Cathy Stell, and advised us to call her. I followed up in two phone calls with Ms. Stell who was very kind and she informed me that MORRISSEY refused to sign the posters in question because he was afraid that someone would think those “dirty fingers” might be his - and furthermore that MORRISSEY has continued to refuse to sign anything for the contest winners such as the lobby posters (cover of "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy"), a CD, etc., despite MORRISSEY having given his approval to the “dirty fingers” poster (at least on paper) and being contractually obligated to sign promotional items for this contest. I understand why MORRISSEY would be reluctant to sign the “dirty fingers” poster...but to sign NOTHING seems cruel. I'm really starting to wonder if MORRISSEY respects his audience...and I can’t help thinking he goes about things the wrong way...

---
Uncleskinny writes:
Phill Gatenby's new book "Panic on the Streets: The Smiths and Morrissey Location Guide" is out now. It concentrates more on Morrissey's locations (in addition to the earlier Smiths book), and has a lot of information on locations in and around London - references from influences, videos, songs, lyrics, photoshoots and many more.

info at Amazon

More info on the book by the author posted in the forums.
BeeWee writes:
Cool write up for Tuesday's show at the Ventura Theater from local paper Ventura County Star. I must say it was an awesome show~

Here's the link

Morrissey dresses to impress in Ventura
Performer came, stayed, worked the suit — and rocked
By Bill Locey. Photos by Eric Parsons
Thursday, June 7, 2007

Link posted in the forums:

Morrissey MySpace blog entry / contest entries:

Monday, June 04, 2007

Giving away a pair of tickets to see Morrissey perform in Bakersfield

Post a comment below this blog entry explaining why you deserve a pair of tickets to see Morrissey perform in Bakersfield, CA on June 10. On Friday, the person who gives the most entertaining reason will receive 2 tickets to the show (to be retrieved at will call).

Please note that no transportation, accommodations or backstage passes will be provided - just two tickets to this particular show.

Good luck!

---
morrisseymusic.com has also been updated for the first time in over 9 months with some info on Bakersfield:

New Morrissey Tour Date Announced
Rabobank Arena Theater and Convention Center, Bakersfield, CA. Sun, Jun 10, 2007 08:00 PM. This is the last show in Southern California.
Kent B. sends the flyer:

Today's News | June 9 | June 7  >

[ home | terms of service ]