Late night, my street

Last night was rough. One of the reasons is from a migraine that lasted 24 hours. No joke. I wanted to die. I work from home, so I tried to get through my shift but about three hours in, I logged out and went to bed. I can’t take anything strong, so I took a Tylenol and laid down. When I would put pressure in the inner corner of my eye, the pain wasn’t so bad, but it was bad enough. And I was so nauseous 🤢

I finally drifted off to sleep, which brings me to the first dream. I had no idea where the hell I was or why I was there, but I had to sleep there. It was creepy and nasty. I laid down but I could hear all these little noises like clicks and buzzing. I stood up and walked to the edge of the bed and looked down the hall to my left. And there on the wall and the furniture, creeping around, were these massive insects. All types. I looked down and they were around my ankles and feet and smaller ones crawling up my gown. I screamed and ran out to the street. I woke up then, startled. I looked all around my bed and the walls and my pajamas and nothing was there. My cats both at the end of the bed, puzzled. So, with my head still pounding, I laid back down and tried to relax. And then off to the next dream.

I am in New Orleans and there’s a party. Isn’t there always? My good friend was there and he and I found different places to hang out - one after another, not one place stood out from the others, I wrote something on the back of a street sign and it became a mantra in the crowd. I didn’t know what to make of it and I hid away so I couldn’t find my friends. However, I did see people who I’ve fallen out with, one person in particular, and it was awful. There was such a feeling of fear. What happened? One moment I’m with someone safe and having a great time and in the next, I’m lost and surrounded by enemies.

At that point I woke up. My head was hurting so bad and I just sat on my bedside with my head in my hands. I took more medicine. I got a cool cloth and placed it on my neck and then my forehead. I stayed awake this time for a little while and once I felt I could sleep again, I turned on my side and closed my eyes. A few minutes went by and suddenly I heard a man say my name. It shook me to my core because I was not asleep. I did not know this voice but what is really strange, he called me by my middle name.

I have been thinking about that voice all day and who it could’ve belonged to…and why was he there…what did he want?

I’ve been awake now for a long time and getting ready to go to bed.

Wish me luck.

IMG_0025.jpeg

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
hand in glove
Read time
3 min read
Views
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More entries in General

More entries from hand in glove

• Love
    “I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul." — Charles Dickens And, that...
  • Tired
    Life is a pigsty…

Share this entry

Back
Top Bottom