Us tour

Hi guys,

im the person who posted the rumoured dates on the main page. I normal post on http://morrissey.forumactif.com. I am on message of gigwise.com so I know when Morrissey is to play America. Last night I recieved message about Morrissey gigs - I dont know if this is true. Someone told me they got same message from a different ticket agency but with different dates as follow:

Jan 29: Boston Tweeter Center
Feb 2: New York Carnegie Hall
Feb 3: New York Radio City Music Hall
Feb 6: Washington 930 Club
Feb 7: Philadelphia Tower Theatre
Feb 9: Cleveland House of Blues
Feb 10: Pittsburgh TBC***
Feb 11: Cincinatti Music Hall
Feb 14: Detroit Orchestra Hall***
Feb 15: Indianapolis Fountain Square Theatre
Feb 16: ST Louis Fox Theatre
Feb 19: Nashville Ryman Auditorium
Feb 21: Little Rock Alltel Arena
Feb 24: Oklamhoma City Bricktown Events Center
Feb 25: Tulsa - venue Tbc
Feb 27: Dallas Smirnoff Music Center
Feb 28: Dallas Smirnoff Music Center

Can anyone confirm??

Paschal

i don't see this listing on gigwise.com . how was the message sent to you? by email?

seems it would be a little cumbersome for a prankster to look up all of these venues in all of these different cities. but it is doable. still somewhat suspicious with the erroneous Feb. dates shown earlier.

EDIT: also, cincinnati and oklahoma are spelled wrong in the list, if that could mean anything. but then again there was a lot of uncertainty with various inaccuracies on the mexico dates and they turned out a reality

Last edited:
now that i think about it, he did an OK job of filling up an OK sized venue in Dallas a couple of years ago. i can't imagine him selling out the Smirnoff center by himself over two nights.

...unless it's part of some other festival?

sorry was reading above posts - mistake. Sorry Jim.

Ok, i don't mean to be overly suspicious but it is odd that you would sign someone else's name. And meanwhile at this same time that you were removing the JIM signature from your post, springheeledjim84 was offline and you were on. then within seconds, you went offline and springheeledjim84 came back online.

are you two really the same person?

now that i think about it, he did an OK job of filling up an OK sized venue in Dallas a couple of years ago. i can't imagine him selling out the Smirnoff center by himself over two nights.

...unless it's part of some other festival?

what is the capacity of smirnoff, do you know?

It's probably the same person who made that blog up with the fake interview a while back. I can't believe two people can be that sad to spend all their time making stuff like this up. This person is a one off.

oh god. you know what this means...i have to a) earn enough money b) get a visa c) get tickets d)get plane tickets e)find somebody equally enthusiastic who wants to go with me f)fly to new york g) not get annoyed by people at concerts h)enjoy myself.

chances of all of that happening are slim to none.

Right errrrr.. sorry just came back on after my supper. All this talk is disgraceful and the noise of conspiracy quite frankly laughable. I saw this characters post on the main board early today and simply brought it to the attention of the forum as I thought it was interesting.

Meanwhile, if this sad character wishes to emulate me by using my name then so be it - I should be used to the trolls polluting this board by now. As a true Morrissey fan and not one that wished to toxicate this website im pretty dissapointed at the accusation of making up stories and passing them off as someone else. Ive been on this site for a good few years now and have never gossipmongered about anythigng from other users to Morrissey. Why dont we TRULY find out who this cliche person is and boot him out of here?

Thanks Jim

Last edited:
what is the capacity of smirnoff, do you know?

it has lawn seating and i think it's where the defunct Lollapalooza tour was supposed to happen a few years ago.

yeah, so Morrissey doing two dates there by himself?

Right errrrr.. sorry just came back on after my supper. All this talk is disgraceful and the noise of conspiracy quite frankly laughable. I saw this characters post on the main board early today and simply brought it to the attention of the forum as I thought it was interesting.

Meanwhile, if this sad character wishes to emulate me by using my name then so be it - I should be used to the trolls polluting this board by now. As a true Morrissey fan and not one that wished to toxicate this website im pretty dissapointed at the accusation of making up stories and passing them off as someone else. Ive been on this site for a good few years now and have never gossipmongered about anythigng from other users to Morrissey. Why dont we TRULY find out who this cliche person is and boot him out of here?

Thanks Jim

I know you have been a regular poster on here for a long time, but I thought I would raise the question because of some odd goings-ons there. It still doesn't sit right with me, but the bigger question is does it really matter?

The only other peculiar thing worth a mention at this time is that this is the first time I have EVER seen you sign your name with a lowercase "i" and "m" - as in "Jim". All other posts where you have signed your name have been "JIM" (in all caps). (easy enuf to see from a quick glance at many of your past posts too)

it has lawn seating and i think it's where the defunct Lollapalooza tour was supposed to happen a few years ago.

yeah, so Morrissey doing two dates there by himself?

i just looked it up: capacity = 20,111

http://www.gotickets.com/venues/tx/smirnoff_music_center.php

shows that aerosmith + motley crue played there last night (nov. 15) :D

yeah, 2 nights in a row here??

(edit: p.s. suzanne, halloween is over...time for a thanksgiving avatar :D )

I know you have been a regular poster on here for a long time, but I thought I would raise the question because of some odd goings-ons there. It still doesn't sit right with me, but the bigger question is does it really matter?

No-one I completely agree - it does not matter - this does not sit with me either. I simply signed my name there in lower case because I thought if I signed in upper case - comparisons would be make between me and this idiot cliche.
I would NEVER EVER make up such a story and post it, im dying to know when the Us tour dates are myself so I can get myself to the other side of the pond. These tour dates, it seems look like a hoax and its completely shameful. Now can't we all just get along?

JIM

Thank you Faith - means a lot.

JIM

i just looked it up: capacity = 20,111

(edit: p.s. suzanne, halloween is over...time for a thanksgiving avatar :D )

it looks like what somebody did was cut and paste past morrissey dates and venues and filled them in with February dates.

you *might* see a new avatar one of these days. my head hurts too much to think about it at this point.

Back
Top Bottom