The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 28: CHRISTIAN DIOR

How do you rate Christian Dior?

• Total voters
Just as Kumo seems to vote most Moz songs 1, Radio Berlin seems to be seeking to redress the balance. ;)

‘Christian Dior, you wasted your life…’ what a great line :D

I’m surprised by some of the voting on this track, I love it- love the drama of how grand and dramatic it sounds and the way the orchestration builds, it just induces enthusiastic sweeping arm movements in accompaniment from me! And I love how it switches to become a personal analysis of his own existence. I listen to this song a lot…

Just as Kumo seems to vote most Moz songs 1, Radio Berlin seems to be seeking to redress the balance. ;)

Mmmm...it isn't fair, is it?

It isn't good to vote all songs either 1 or 10.
Other members make effort to reflect their opinions, but some people use their votes for other reasons which make the polls less truthful?

Kumo stupidly created other user names in order to vote which is cheating and unacceptable.

RB seems to love most of Morrissey/The Smiths songs and can't help voting 10, but it'd be better if she makes some effort to rate each song like others.

I don't vote the polls because I can't rate the songs, which doesn't any harm to the polls.

Mmmm...it isn't fair, is it?

It isn't good to vote all songs either 1 or 10.
Other members make effort to reflect their opinions, but some people use their votes for other reasons which make the polls less truthful?

Kumo stupidly created other user names in order to vote which is cheating and unacceptable.

RB seems to love most of Morrissey/The Smiths songs and can't help voting 10, but it'd be better if she makes some effort to rate each song like others.

I don't vote the polls because I can't rate the songs, which doesn't any harm to the polls.

In the end if enough people vote each song will get the rating it deserves, because a few 1's only gets the rating down by 0,1 point if 80 or so others decide it's a 7 or thereabouts.

a real grower ! and the only Boz composition from the rott sessions i believe . I love the imagery of it and "years alone will never be returned" is so sad .

After relistening to this song today I was unfair to give it a 3.
It should be a 6.
I like The Public Image better and the song has some very similar parts, both written by Boz. Hmmm.

Love it, love it. A beautifully crafted song (and a Boz one to boot). Fantastic lyrics. It's not hard to see that Moz chose Christian Dior's life as a mirror to reflect his own. I agree about the "years alone" lyric -- crushing.

Back
Top Bottom