The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 24: BOXERS

How do you rate Boxers?

• Total voters
I enjoy everything about this wonderful song.
Moz's velvety voice, the musical accompaniment and the lyrics – which are strangely optimistic, despite the obvious adverse circumstances the subject finds himself in.

A 10 from me! :)

It seems a bit bizarre to think that a fan would want to f*** up the ratings in such a conspiratorial way, as Chartres says, but if that's your view, fair enough.

Never underestimate the bitterness of old Smiths fans. Inventing a few logins just so that they can try and make the general atmosphere of an internet forum slightly more anti Morrissey is pretty pathetic but I think they genuinely think it has some affect on Morrissey and his fans.

Never underestimate the bitterness of old Smiths fans. Inventing a few logins just so that they can try and make the general atmosphere of an internet forum slightly more anti Morrissey is pretty pathetic but I think they genuinely think it has some affect on Morrissey and his fans.

It's a bit suspicious that it's always the same two or three people who give nearly all of the solo songs a "1" rating :rolleyes:

It's a bit suspicious that it's always the same two or three people who give nearly all of the solo songs a "1" rating :rolleyes:

Well, looking at the "Boxers" "1" votes - we know Kumo and Mick Cable are the same person, so there's an identified troll, posting as two different people :rolleyes:

10!

Absolute greatness. Classic for sure.

DXS

Well we got to know for definite that Kumo and Mick Cable are one and the same when Mick idiotically signed one of his posts "Kumo". Forgot who he was logged in as for a sec. :p

You noticed that too?

Boxers = 9

Amazing song. Morrissey probably felt like that a lot.

Musically and lyrically, this song has never interested me very much. I think the lyrics are well-written, but it just doesn't speak to me. I vastly prefer the b-sides. Don't you? I gave this a 7... but that's being generous. Probably should have been a 6.

Back
Top Bottom