The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 225: YOU HAVE KILLED ME

How do you rate You Have Killed Me?

• Total voters
i cant believe how many people are saying they love this song. it's just average. blah. its just there.

I will never understand Morrissey fans. Some of his most facile, trite and lazy lyrics are hailed as 'genius' and 'poetry', yet this is derided as an average lyric when it is so impressively inspired...

"Accattone you’ll be" - Pasolini's first film, therefore Morrissey's first love. Brilliant!

Love killing Morrissey metaphorically, as in all that Morrissey is and represents has no foundation is love. A million miles better than the vast majority of the rubbish hailed as great.

a 7.5 but made it a 7

why cause still my overall feeling of ROTT is mediocre
I liked this single when it was released, but was just as fast bored with it,
like '' haven't we heard that before" [which is my overall criticism of ROTT,
and the child choir and arabic influences are just too little to lead or
change the album

you have killed me, I'm afraid it will go down in history as Dagenham Dave
did

head in the clouds with a mouthfull of pie:sleeping:

well I gave it a 9. I like the song and the lyrics :D

I remember the first time I heard Pasolini is me ... Ijust couldn't stop smiling :D I just loved it right away :guitar:

I love it, it has so much grandiose or something, and I love the opening lines, and the "I forgive you" bit too :D I once walked through a Piazza Cavour as well...a different one though, but still...:p

f***ing nonsense.

10 for me - its a brilliant and clever pop song which is up there with anything from the past 3 years - IBEH, Pigsty and Fotgtd.

I love the occasional live Lyric change: "Morrissey is me"

I was hoping this would do better in this poll because i would have liked to have seen it in the top 50 but i dont think its gonna make it.

I'm so happy that I'm not alone loving this song.
It's just something about the sound that I can't explain.
It fits the simple but beautiful lyrics.

I was hoping this would do better in this poll because i would have liked to have seen it in the top 50 but i dont think its gonna make it.

With its current average rating of 8.13 it could just make the Top 100, which means that it would make the Morrissey Top 50.

AND it is the second best performing 2006 song.

7/10. Nothing Special.​

Back
Top Bottom