The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 206: TROUBLE LOVES ME

How do you rate Trouble Loves Me?

• Total voters
and i used to think he said "reddi whip" hahaha. :D

Dear Santa,

Please have your most Photoshop-leet elf put together a pic of Moz holding a can of Reddi-Wip, preferably in some lewd and/or suggestive way. The possibilities are endless.* That's all I want; I've been pretty good this year. I'll even leave you an extra cookie.

Thanks so much,

NRitH

* If your elf needs inspiration, a Google Image Search for "Reddi-Wip" yields some very interesting results, especially with Safe Search turned off.

an 8

one of the best songs on Maladjusted, this is one of the likes of 'Camden
and Pigsty',... a hearbreaking balladlike song
Minor point is that the music is average, and thats why I gave it only
an 8, cause Morrissey's voice and lyrics are fine as always

go to Soho
go wast[ed] in the wrong hands

one of my favourite songs too
but surely it's:
"go to waste in the wrong arms"
i felt like this once

My very favourite...its beautiful and everything we love about the man...sadly I have never seen him sing it...please please please sing it at the Roundhouse on the Friday Morrissey...*closes eyes and wishes hard*

Anyone who's voted this anything less than 10 should be taken out and shot. I'm volunteering.

This song sends chills down my spine everytime I hear it. The lyrics are amazing and have actual SUBSTANCE, something sorely lacking from so many of Moz's recent creations. ("On the flesh rampage - at your age" is my favorite line.) 10

top five song - don't understand why the dear nugzie is bored by it.

In the unofficial ever changing treygar rankings it has always been a top 10 song...

1. Tomorrow
2. Life is a Pigsty
3. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
4. Speedway
5. Trouble Loves Me

Dear Santa,

Please have your most Photoshop-leet elf put together a pic of Moz holding a can of Reddi-Wip, preferably in some lewd and/or suggestive way. The possibilities are endless.* That's all I want; I've been pretty good this year. I'll even leave you an extra cookie.

Thanks so much,

NRitH

* If your elf needs inspiration, a Google Image Search for "Reddi-Wip" yields some very interesting results, especially with Safe Search turned off.

Nice, and no, I'm not checking Google images (I just ate).:)

A solid 8. The lyric is not his most inspired, but the mere phrase, "Trouble Loves Me" is enough to forgive any other shortcomings. No doubt one of the most-oft-tattooed quotes, judging by what I've seen out there in the world. . .

ETA: REDDI-WHIP!

--jeniphir

Last edited:
A solid 8. The lyric is not his most inspired, but the mere phrase, "Trouble Loves Me" is enough to forgive any other shortcomings. No doubt one of the most-oft-tattooed quotes, judging by what I've seen out there in the world. . .

ETA: REDDI-WHIP!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Did you just post that, or was it already there? Browsing YTMND takes patience that I just don't have.

Great tune, especially the 'Just when it seems like everything's evened out...' part.

Would be a 10 from me but I think the chorus is just a tad bland, musically. But overall it's a really beautiful song.

I love this song. One of the best on Maladjusted.​

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Did you just post that, or was it already there? Browsing YTMND takes patience that I just don't have.

Someone posted here on -solo before, and I remembered it, so just did some googling and voila.

--jeniphir

Then later that night he also talked directly to me. Keep in mind that this was back in the day when he was not very chatty during concerts. He would usually just say thank you. :)

Mel, I read this post from the link you posted from your Roundhouse review. I've enjoyed all your reviews from the tour this past year. You are one lucky gal - it seems the Man has a fondness for you, always greeting you/passing the mic (well sometimes teasing with it I guess.) This is awesome. Thanks for sharing it here -- I live your joy vicariously.

Back
Top Bottom