The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 213: WELL I WONDER

How do you rate Well I Wonder?

• Total voters
This haunting song is simply wonderful, never fails to tear me up. 10

Absolutely brilliant.. almost underrated outside the hardcore fanbase.

Fail to see how anybody could give this anything other than 10... Radio Berlin.

Easily the most heart wrenching Smiths number.

morrissey72ik3.jpg

The lyrics are beautiful - I think it's even more skilful that they're half-plagiarised because they fit so perfectly with the music.

I love the sound of Marr's acoustic guitar too; I've always tried to recreate it without success.

An easy 10.

Heart-achingly beautiful. It has rain. 10.

--jeniphir

what they all said... ;)

this is my all time fave smiths song, it is beyond words, no words can truly descibe the perfection/beauty/stick in your head hauntingness of this song.

This is interesting.

I once asked a friend of mine, the person who was responsible for getting me into The Smiths what his favourite song was.

He thought for a while and then said 'Well I Wonder.'

At this point I hadn't even got around to listening to all The Smiths' albums so it was with great interest when I finally stumbled on to this song.

And y'know, he was right.

There have been more famous songs, more famous lyrics, more famous riffs but to me this is the greatest Smiths song, period.

10 out of 10 is an inadequate rating and it's nice to see others on this forum who are equally touched. I would LOVE to hear this live.

10/10. My fav Smiths song and probably the most moving thing ever written by the great man.​

my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE off meat is murder!
10 10 10 10!

10, 10, 10, 10! Great all around but in particular it's one of Andy Rourke's best contributions to The Smiths.

Assuming, y'know, that Johnny didn't write the bass part too...

Back
Top Bottom