How do you rate Still Ill?

• Total voters
I decree today
That life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine,
and it owes me a living

this is exactly what I was referring to in the other thread :p

also

if this one's not a 10, then none of them are!

I must be the only one who doesn't like this song. At all. Ick.

3f5d2313430cc55d42dbba77d3ff2b08.gif

an 8

very good Smiths song, Classic lyrics, Johnny's guitarplaying is great...
but like 'heaven knows I'm miserbale know' you hear that Morrissey sings
of bit of key...his singing improved a lot, even in the Smiths days, but
on this song and the other song mentioned it's a bit iritating

personally it's not amongst me Smiths favourites though I'm a big fan
of the Smiths early days, but I'm not saying it's bad.

there are brighter sides to life and i should know because I've seen them, but not very often...

one of my favorite lines in any song, ever! my second favorite Smiths song. i loves it. it never gets old. 10!!!!!!!!!!

I can't express how f***ing great Still Ill is.
Love every second from it, especially the opening riff and those amazing lyrics.
Absolute genius.

My all-time favorite Smiths song, containing the immortal lines, "Under the iron bridge we kissed and though I ended up with sore lips, it just wasn't like the old days anymore". I mean, can this be touched??? The music is one of Johnny's greatest compositions too. Just utterly utterly divine. A Grand Enormous 10.

I love reading your reviews :)

8/10. Great live song. One of the best.​

10 for me, I love this song. One of my Smiths top 3 I think

This song always made me a little uneasy because without knowing the details, I sensed Morrissey was expressing being comprimised in a way that was irreversible and it didn't sit well. The music is beautiful, a light almost whimsical guitar background set to painful lyrics, yet another bit of Smiths irony at work. I would listen intently to this song processing his pain, but I never considered it a song that had singalong quality, or something you'd want to share with others. It was one of the few songs I rarely sang with. I gave it a 10.

". . .although I ended up with sore lips, it just wasn't like the old days anymore. . ."

Please. No brainer. 10.

--jeniphir

Back
Top Bottom