The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 110: MALADJUSTED

How do you rate Maladjusted?

• Total voters

I feel like this is his most powerful opening track, it has a dark, almost chaotic melody to it, which reminds me of How Soon Is Now?

I also think the lyrics are amongst morrissey's prime, as far as their "flow", but I never quite understood them....anyone care to explain?
We should resurrect the old "Song Meanings" thread. Did we ever discuss Maladjusted on it? I think we didn't. I wasn't sure at first what the song was about, but after listening to it for a while, I started to see a story being told in it... However, I wouldn't claim to know for sure that I'm right. I like the way he switches the perspective during the song, there are at least two people 'speaking' in it. It wouldn't make sense if you assumed that he's singing as the same person throughout. I especially love the ending, I see that part as a dialogue as well ("Maladjusted, maladjusted, never to be trusted" - "There's nothing wrong with you!") The song sounds epic, and the repetition at the end sounds hypnotic and even a little ominous. 10.

Back
Top Bottom