Morrissey Central "THANK YOU, PERU !" (June 23, 2023)

THANK YOU, PERU !

istockphoto-863829164-612x612.jpg

Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.

Chasing cash and clout. Luring people in with outdated photos to get them in there and say surprise! It's grandpa! Narcissistic to say the least. I am an artist and people change and I am not the same person today that I was then but hey lemme use this sort of in between my youth and now photo to satisfy my need and insecurity for me to forever be trapped in my youth because I feel old. Such unpleasant groupies to say the least. Let other people enjoy a show for which they paid for crap sake.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again. Money is the only thing he's interested in. And when he sells 4000 tickets, it's ching-ching-ching. That's why he celebrates. It is, was, and always has been the only thing he's interested in. I guess we'll have a long wait before he trumpets a non-sold-out venue.
Of course it’s about money. That’s the reward of having a job!!

what is Skinny getting at with his bizarre money comments?
why do elton john and rolling stones play global tours with hundreds of dates
why do dylan, neil young, springsteen, sell their catalogues for hundreds of millions of dollars?
i can see a criticism is someone goes along with the script of cow-tows to record labels so as not to affect sales but if there's one artist who does the opposite of that it's M.
are there many globally renowned music artists who don't accept fees, royalties, or payment for their work?

Pre-sales for São Paulo September 27 also sold out fast. Yesterday, I tried many times to get a ticket, but couldn't. Too many people trying at the same time. I'll try again when sales open on June 30.

Yes! If you do not agree with MORRISSEY or Don´t recognize his job.... please ...follow another website or artist!.... It´s funny... some people put your comments here just to be like an idiot ....if you aren´t a mozz fan why you need to input your energy about morrissey....

Você respondeu à pessoa errada, amigo. Lujan é uma das maiores fans de Morrissey neste site.

Acho que sua intenção era responder a BrummieBoy, não? Se for, ainda dá tempo de corrigir. Bom dia!

Chasing cash and clout. Luring people in with outdated photos to get them in there and say surprise! It's grandpa! Narcissistic to say the least. I am an artist and people change and I am not the same person today that I was then but hey lemme use this sort of in between my youth and now photo to satisfy my need and insecurity for me to forever be trapped in my youth because I feel old. Such unpleasant groupies to say the least. Let other people enjoy a show for which they paid for crap sake.

I must tell you that you get it all wrong, as far as I'm concerned.

To me, Morrissey's photos-images are all beautiful, from the start with The Smiths when he was a skinny man, through all phases of his career.

Whenever I see a picture of him nowadays, I love it because I can see him all there altogether: his life, his music, his legacy, the boy with a torn in his side...

But, of course, my perspective is from the angle of love and admiration for his talent and art.

And I wish him nothing but the best.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again. Money is the only thing he's interested in. And when he sells 4000 tickets, it's ching-ching-ching. That's why he celebrates. It is, was, and always has been the only thing he's interested in. I guess we'll have a long wait before he trumpets a non-sold-out venue.

How dare all those ordinary working class people across the world care about money to feed themselves and their families, and keep a roof over their heads. The selfish bastards, eh Skinny? God, I can't believe it! They care about money!!! How DARE THEY eh Peter.

Peter, I know transphobia and hatred for minorities fuels you and keeps you going, like some weird energy vampire, but the rest of us need money and need to work to get that money to continue living comfortable, happy lives. The fact that you're getting upset about someone daring to work for money indicates how privileged you are.

You miserable, boring little man.

Edit: to add to this, many ordinary working class people celebrate every time they get their payslip every month, whether it's treating themselves to a pint, a takeaway or getting a treat for their kids. Nothing wrong with that, and we should keep doing it.

Last edited:
The fish has spoken

It's an advert for a concert, not a f***ing profile for a dating site. Jesus wept.

What a dick. ! The artist has to pay the venue, the crew , transportation,lounge for the crew , band etc etc so many expenses too.

'Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.'

He hasn't sold 4000 tickets but he has convinced some of you that this is a 'hot ticket'. Classic marketing scam.

How many pre-sale tickets were made available? 10%? 25%?

I glanced at Ticketmaster UK this afternoon and there are tickets available for every single show. Not surprisingly given the prices. Clearly the attempt to generate 'artificial scarcity' and 'panic buying' by announcing bogus sell-outs didn't work so the seats are being released in dribs and drabs to make it appear as if these gigs are sold out when there's probably 50% of inventory still on reseller websites waiting to be shifted.

Why do artists be party to this fraudulent nonsense?

It's not as if Morrissey doesn't have form for this kind of malarkey...don't believe the hype...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

'Morrissey fans stunned by 'free ticket' giveaway ahead of Manchester Arena show
Stunned passers-by were celebrating after a city centre giveaway to see Manchester music legend Morrissey. A mystery man was reported in the city centre handing out tickets for the former Smiths frontman’s Manchester Arena gig tomorrow.'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../morrissey-fans-stunned-by-free-ticket-691841

'The classic pre-sale model: this is one of the easiest and most authentic ways to create a sense of urgency and a feeling of exclusivity in your target audience. Your ticketing inventory is limited, after all, so once it’s gone, it’s gone!...Scarcity is a powerful driver in purchasing behavior. Consumers tend to place additional value on items they believe are in limited supply or difficult to acquire, making them more inclined to purchase. If you’re not leveraging the principle of scarcity to sell tickets and promote events at your venue, you are missing out on a great opportunity! (See what we did there?). Read on to discover new ideas for using scarcity in your marketing promotions so you can sell more tickets, increase revenue and reach new audiences.'

https://www.accesso.com/learn/how-to-sell-more-tickets-using-the-principle-of-scarcity

'This amphitheater has the capacity to accommodate about 4 thousand people'

https://indiehoy.com/lugares/anfiteatro-del-parque-de-la-exposicion/
Concerts sold out to scalpers too but is it Sold out.! You can fund the verified resale tickets

It must make Moz feel wanted when he sells out a concert. Regardless of the money aspect it must be a big boost to his self-confidence and overall mental wellbeing when he gets good news like this instead of the crap he's suffered from record labels recently. Good on him, is what I say.
I agree and I am thrilled to bits for him
The trouble is western bands always sell out these venues. If Brother Beyond played or EMF they would sell out . They are happy the bands visit their country. It’s nice he thanks them though

It usually works that an artist becomes big in USA and Europe
Then if /when those countries get bored of them, they make their money in South America , Thailand etc.

'Presale tickets for Anfiteatro Parque de la Explosion in Lima, Peru on September 14 have sold out immediately.'

He hasn't sold 4000 tickets but he has convinced some of you that this is a 'hot ticket'. Classic marketing scam.

How many pre-sale tickets were made available? 10%? 25%?

I glanced at Ticketmaster UK this afternoon and there are tickets available for every single show. Not surprisingly given the prices. Clearly the attempt to generate 'artificial scarcity' and 'panic buying' by announcing bogus sell-outs didn't work so the seats are being released in dribs and drabs to make it appear as if these gigs are sold out when there's probably 50% of inventory still on reseller websites waiting to be shifted.

Why do artists be party to this fraudulent nonsense?

It's not as if Morrissey doesn't have form for this kind of malarkey...don't believe the hype...

Kind regards

BrummieBoy

'Morrissey fans stunned by 'free ticket' giveaway ahead of Manchester Arena show
Stunned passers-by were celebrating after a city centre giveaway to see Manchester music legend Morrissey. A mystery man was reported in the city centre handing out tickets for the former Smiths frontman’s Manchester Arena gig tomorrow.'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../morrissey-fans-stunned-by-free-ticket-691841

'The classic pre-sale model: this is one of the easiest and most authentic ways to create a sense of urgency and a feeling of exclusivity in your target audience. Your ticketing inventory is limited, after all, so once it’s gone, it’s gone!...Scarcity is a powerful driver in purchasing behavior. Consumers tend to place additional value on items they believe are in limited supply or difficult to acquire, making them more inclined to purchase. If you’re not leveraging the principle of scarcity to sell tickets and promote events at your venue, you are missing out on a great opportunity! (See what we did there?). Read on to discover new ideas for using scarcity in your marketing promotions so you can sell more tickets, increase revenue and reach new audiences.'

https://www.accesso.com/learn/how-to-sell-more-tickets-using-the-principle-of-scarcity

'This amphitheater has the capacity to accommodate about 4 thousand people'

https://indiehoy.com/lugares/anfiteatro-del-parque-de-la-exposicion/
lol I spotted that.

I’m not sure he will sell any venues out on the USA tour and they aren’t that big
I hope they do though

The trouble is western bands always sell out these venues. If Brother Beyond played or EMF they would sell out . They are happy the bands visit their country. It’s nice he thanks them though

Then if /when those countries get bored of them, they make their money in South America , Thailand etc.
This is almost like you’re trying to tell me that after Beyonce and Jay Z finish lunch in the South of France today, they’re not going straight to Peru??

Only 9 days before the tour starts!
Bring it on, Israel!
Will be interesting to find out how the new band will sound like, and most interestingly ( to me), if we will hear female voices backing him up. To my knowledge, the male backing voices (Alain and Gustavo) have left the band.

Going to Leeds and Folkestone myself.

Kraftwerk next Wednesday! Ooh you mean Moz. Oops.

Moz 15th July in Dublin!
Hopefully he gives succour to the Irish patriots fighting against immigrants by telling us that once our capital city is gone, it's gone.

Will be interesting to find out how the new band will sound like, and most interestingly ( to me), if we will hear female voices backing him up. To my knowledge, the male backing voices (Alain and Gustavo) have left the band.

Going to Leeds and Folkestone myself.
They will sound fine, barring any major flub or misstep, of course. Brendan will run backing tracks as needed. Alain had gone back through and recorded many of the bits needed to make the stuff sound as close to the records as possible. They will undoubtedly use them with the new players on board. Now if they venture off script and really do play a “hits” tour and it’s not a marketing “vaguery”, all bets are off. Obviously they’re very good musicians, but that doesn’t always translate to “feel”, as evidenced by some previous tours featuring certain songs. I’ve no personal insight, but my guess is these shows (at least the July gigs) will be more of a continuation of the previous tour than a hits tour. Likely a few different songs added (probably Isle Of Dogs, for one), but a drastically different set would be a surprise as Moz doesn’t seem keen on playing much of the early solo stuff. Disappointing as a fan, but he’s got his reasons.

Really? We're so desperate for any bands to come to SA that anyone can sell out these venues? :rolleyes:

I don't even know who Brother Beyond or EMF are.

What examples do you even have of this?

Morrissey btw has been selling out venues here for quite a while.
Not that he's sold out anything now yet, only the presales have taken place.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom