Sweetie Pie
I've fallen in love.
And the joke is on me.
And the sun's given up.
I'm depending on you,
To see I get safely too
The port where my heart
Is too lost to find.
And will be there to meet you when its your time.

Sweetie Pie
I'm ending my life.
Because I've fallen in love.
And nothing is enough.
To see I get safely too
The port where my heart
Is too lost to find.
And will be there to meet you when its your time

Sweetie Pie.
How I feel in my mind,
And how I live in he world,
They are oceans apart.
To see I get safely too
The port where my heart
Is too lost to find.
And will be there to meet you when its your time.

Oh-ho, Oh-ho, Oh-ho, Oh-ho (etc. fade to outro)

I'm pretty sure they are right, there was a word or two that were a bit difficult to make out. Its a Morrissey/Farrell composition.

Is it confirmed that this is a duet with Kristeen Young?

The lyrics remind of 'To Me You Are A Work Of Art'.

Anybody else crying right now? And yes, I am a sentimental fruitcake (as my teacher used to say):o

Is it confirmed that this is a duet with Kristeen Young?

The lyrics remind of 'To Me You Are A Work Of Art'.

Kristeen Young provides backing vocals in some parts, especially noticeable at the end of the last verse, where Moz goes all falsetto.

Is it any good?

I liked it only after the second listen. Lots of synths, noise - quite "haunting" (I know thats abit of a cliche, but I'm really crap at describing songs)

"How I feel in my mind,
And how I live in he world,
They are oceans apart."

beautiful!!! <3

Any chance someone could upload the song and PM it to me? Living in Australia means we're a backwater 3rd world country and are unlikely to get the single before Morrissey turns 64 :(

If he was I'd be very happy for him and quite jealous as she is hot!

she being who....? maybe it's a he! you never know!

Anybody spotting a theme recurring within ROTT and it's accompanying singles?

"Sweetie Pie
I'm ending my life.
Because I've fallen in love."
Sweetie Pie

"Even now//In the final hour//Of my life//I am falling in love again"
Life Is A Pigsty

"Because soon I will be dead//Let's face it soon I will be dead"
I Just Want to See The Boy Happy

There seems to be some predeliction about simultaneously 'falling in love' and his 'life ending' running through his work of late.
I wonder if, when he refers to 'his life', he means his life as an artist. Maybe he feels that if he genuinely falls in love, he will lose the muse which inspires him?

Any chance someone could upload the song and PM it to me? Living in Australia means we're a backwater 3rd world country and are unlikely to get the single before Morrissey turns 64 :(

Yes...I concur...we don't get imports for at least a few months...and using a credit card for online ordering is out of the question...

I will however go down on anyone who uploads it...

Thanks so much for posting it. :)

I'm sorry.. but it sounds like a load of crap... random stupid noises.. awful vocal effect... annoying backing vocals... no music... it's probably the worst thing I've ever heard from Morrissey. :(

hey for anyone who was at marley Park wat did he say when introducing Jesse it was kinda funny like 'lovely but ruined' oh and he thanked 2 people who were they , thanks

Back
Top Bottom