Some thoughts of Jim Morrison vs. Morrissey

Re: Some thoughts on Jim Morrison vs. Morrissey

Well, I know Dylan (and the Beatles) might be more significant for his generation, and that Madonna, if any - as a symbol of pop - might be very significant for hers. But I also thinks that both the Doors and the Smiths were expressing "important" feeling and thoughts about/in their own time, but they may not be the first "spokemen" that people may choose, I know. Still I think, that you can say that while Dylan (and Madonna?) expressed their genertion from the inside, Morrissey and Morrison expressed it from the outside - or at least from a distant. They were not a direct part of their generation, in the Dylan sense, but they were still exploring certain key feelings of their time, and then turning it into art.

And, no, Busy Clippers, you're not helping me with any homework, hehe, I just happens to be very analytical in general, but you're giving me ideas, you surely are ... -Cudweed

Go and see proper manly music: try playing this guy's solos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDPqH_5WD8k

Cheers, i enjoyed that:)

Morrissey may indeed be the voice of his generation in England. I can't speak to that. But I doubt that he is. Actually I don't think there is a "voice of a generation" for the Eighties at all, at least not in the Bob Dylan sense. This is probably because the younger generations after Dylan were probably more disparate in their makeup.

That is true, for a minority he was in the 80s. There was no real spokes person who covered all the issues of the world in the 1980s, like Dylan did in the 1960s.

Back
Top Bottom