Sell Out at G Mex

Brel
Yes!!!!
The best moment of the day! Derek Hatton!
He was returning the compliment paid by The Smiths / New Order and The Fall for their appearence at the 'From Manchester with Love' benefit gig for Liverpool city council.
He was on crutches and made a gag about meeting Ron Atkinson (the Man U manager at the time) outside the venue. He said 'I offered him a ticket for a tenner and Ron replied ''I'll give you thirty (or some other higher value number) for it'''.
At this point, someone climbed up on to stage and proceeded to give him a few slaps before Hatton was rescued by the bouncers!

The Goat

It's that 20 year thing again. Hatton got half jeered, and half cheered. It was when OMD were on stage that a lad climbed up and hit him over the head with a tray!! The place errupted, it was so funny.

Your getting the scousers mixed up, I think?

I was at The Festival of The 10th Summer and With Love from Manchester as well.

I have The Smiths and New Orders sets from FOTTS on cassette as it was broadcast at a later date on Picadilly Radio (as it was then). Is there a way of transferring cassette to CD ?

Yes, I have that gig on tape as well. It's a long time since I played it, so it might not have stood the test of time. It was actually broadcast by Piccadilly during the FA Cup final 1987, then repeated later.

Do I win the Anorak award?

Are these dates just arena dates instead of the smaller venues from before with basically the same setlists do u think?

Back
Top Bottom