morrissey g-mex

You live in THACKLEY?!? I used to live on Town Lane, just by the old YMCA! Surely I must have met you! I used to go boozing in the Great Northern and the White Bear.

Peter

OMG I was bought up on Town Lane then we moved down near Ballentine been here for 11 years what a small world.

Will be my first Morrissey gig on 22nd although I saw him at V festival and bought a ticket to see him on his 'comeback' tour in 2004 at Bridlington Spa (indeed, iI had the very ticket in my very hands) but it transpired that I couldn't go. I still have the full ticket to this day.

I'm going on the Friday night. I'm a bit scared that he will replace William with Work of Art like he did the other night. I don't dislike Work of Art but i'm desperate for him to sing William.

I'll enjoy it though whatever happens. I can't wait.:D

but why oh why can't he do something we've not heard before, Speedway is a great song don't get me wrong but we've heard it all before!

love

Grim

I agree, Speedway has done the rounds for sometime. I feel it will be that or Now My Heart is Full. The encore on Saturday HAS to be something special, surely not Daddies Voice....why oh why Daddy's Voice!!

We heard Speedway being soundchecked in London. It's also being done in Germnay too, so you may be lucky to get that great song!

At the Wembley show in London?

I remember Panic was being sound checked as early as Greenock on the UK tour and didn't show itself until the final Palladium show!

did anyone get there tickets yet for either of the shows?

with this being a hometown return (dec22,23), is there any inkling of a few mozzer surprises?

i hope there will be some suprises, I saw him at Birmingham and he was brill, i wasnt 2 impressed with the support act tho, not my cup of tea! 2 much wailing, that's just my opinion..

I would never have guessed Classy Cas was home to so many Moz fans! :confused:

Well, they don't call it classy for nuthin' - actually, that last statement's not true at all, is it?

It's also known as Cas Vegas - twinned with Ponte Carlo (Pontefract, for non-Yorkshire folk).

We have a fine line in self-deprecation in these parts...

In all my Morrissey gigging years, I've only ever had one surprise and that was Christmas 1992 (I think?) at Ally Pally in London. We had endured that crap all girl country band during the tour and expected them again. Instead we got Kirsty MacColl, who was joined by a very very drunk Shane MacGowan. I'm not expecting anything this time though.

my money's on the two that were released as live b sides 'i want the one i can't have' which would be great, an 'speedway'.

Its bleeding obvious what the surprise is going to be...

Marr is gonna join Mozzer for the encore. This rumour will NOW see the light of day. After the 3,500th time. I'm in the know!

To give some Christmas cheer there will be a wicker man of Mike Joyce in the centre of the stage. And Joyce will be in it a la the man with three planks of wood on his head.
The crowd will be asked should he burn? Obviously the crowd will gleefully bay for Mike's blood. Moz will light a match and then dangle the lit match precariously nar the base.

Then Bob Geldof and Bono will appear and remonstrate that its Christmas and Moz, Marr and Joyce will be joined by Mark king of Level 42 fame (as Andy will be chugging on a crack pipe somewhere in Burnage) and all will give a rendition of Do They know Its Christmas, with Morrissey singing the Bono part.

Back
Top Bottom