morrissey g-mex

with this being a hometown return (dec22,23), is there any inkling of a few mozzer surprises?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I hope so :D Im off on the 23rd and it's my first Morrissey concert :D Im just gonna cross my fingers and hope I at least get a sleeve of a shirt or something!

we all hope there'll be some Xmas surprises but dinnae forget M.E.N. Arena on his 45th Birthday gig back in Manchester after being missing in action for over a decade, nowt suprise wise then!

love

Grim

we all hope there'll be some Xmas surprises but dinnae forget M.E.N. Arena on his 45th Birthday gig back in Manchester after being missing in action for over a decade, nowt suprise wise then!

love

Grim

True but seen as its xmas he might dress up as santa :D LOL please help us if he does do anything like that

I think on the 23rd you might but not the 22nd (Unfortunately for me as I am going on the 22nd!)

I have already been surprised this tour with the number of tracks sung (22) and length of set (90 mins). I think back to my early moz gigs and remember a set of 14 songs and an hour. The majority have been 17-18 songs.

Should be a good night out!

I think on the 23rd you might but not the 22nd (Unfortunately for me as I am going on the 22nd!)

I have already been surprised this tour with the number of tracks sung (22) and length of set (90 mins). I think back to my early moz gigs and remember a set of 14 songs and an hour. The majority have been 17-18 songs.

Should be a good night out!

MMMMMMMMMM 22 REALLY good songs on the setlist im beginning to think my dads more excited than me. It still hasent sunk in its my xmas prezzie and I still cant believe its on just over a week.

I truely cannot wait for the G-Mex gigs. I am off to both and staying over in Manchester between nights. I can't wait to go round t'shops and to the cemetry again. I truely think that there will be a special(s) thrown in on the 23rd for example a new Smiths song in teh set-list or perhaps more from the early generation.

I truely cannot wait for the G-Mex gigs. I am off to both and staying over in Manchester between nights. I can't wait to go round t'shops and to the cemetry again. I truely think that there will be a special(s) thrown in on the 23rd for example a new Smiths song in teh set-list or perhaps more from the early generation.

Erm could be but to be honest im really happy with the set list spec with dear god and national front disco really happy bout those two oh and pigsty but thats been in the set list ever since he went on tour with this album. Cant wait.

Erm could be but to be honest im really happy with the set list spec with dear god and national front disco really happy bout those two oh and pigsty but thats been in the set list ever since he went on tour with this album. Cant wait.

I am not saying that I am unhappy with the current setlist in fact I believe that it is easily one his best so far but I just feel that some other tracks may creep into the list. I am sure that the fans favourites like you mentioned will stay in the list so you shall have a fantastic first Morrissey concert. Having said that however, I am confident in saying whatever the setlist it shall be a truely memorable evening...I mean come on the last night of the tour at the G-Mex it is bound to be spectacular. Have a nice time ;)

Last edited:

Same. Well, I can't go to the Saturday gig cos I'm working. :mad: But I'm off over to Manc on Thursday to prepare and we're going to drink gin, make banners, kiss under iron bridges, be ladies wot lunch in the veggie cafe on Oxford Rd, spend hours in Primark, feel all funny when the bus goes past the Holy Name Church, stagger round singing Girlfriend In A Coma like it's a football anthem, lose our S&G virginities...I can't wait. :cool:

I am not saying that I am unhappy with the current setlist in fact I believe that it is easily one his best so far but I just feel that some other tracks may creep into the list. I am sure that the fans favourites like you mentioned will stay in the list so you shall have a fantastic first Morrissey concert. Having said that however, I am confident in saying whatever the setlist it shall be a truely memorable evening...I mean come on the last night of the tour at the G-Mex it is bound to be spectacular. Have a nice time ;)

Oh I will dont worry :D

Plus my dads really happy about him singing Panic LOL he comes home every saturday night when hes been to the pub tells me how long it is in weeks till we go then sits next to me stinking of beer and puts his arm round me and starts to sing Panic and it kinda helps that he's a really good singer LOL.

Oh I will dont worry :D

Plus my dads really happy about him singing Panic LOL he comes home every saturday night when hes been to the pub tells me how long it is in weeks till we go then sits next to me stinking of beer and puts his arm round me and starts to sing Panic and it kinda helps that he's a really good singer LOL.

I really do hope Panic stays on the list as it really is tremendous when he does it live, it also really works incredibly as an opener to the show:)

I really do hope Panic stays on the list as it really is tremendous when he does it live, it also really works incredibly as an opener to the show:)

True me think my dad will be one of the nutty ones when that song comes on but hes really upset that come back to camden isnt on it LOL. To be honest I cant wait for Dear God - Life Is A Pigsty and National Front Disco. Love the set list but those 3 are my Favs in it.

True me think my dad will be one of the nutty ones when that song comes on but hes really upset that come back to camden isnt on it LOL. To be honest I cant wait for Dear God - Life Is A Pigsty and National Front Disco. Love the set list but those 3 are my Favs in it.

Yeh, I love those ones along with How Soon Is Now and Disappointed.

p.s. where are you in West Yorkshire (i noticed your 'location'), I'm just asking 'cos im in Leeds.

Yeh, I love those ones along with How Soon Is Now and Disappointed.

p.s. where are you in West Yorkshire (i noticed your 'location'), I'm just asking 'cos im in Leeds.

Ha ha your like half an hours bus ride from me I live in Thackley (Bradford)

Ha ha your like half an hours bus ride from me I live in Thackley (Bradford)

You live in THACKLEY?!? I used to live on Town Lane, just by the old YMCA! Surely I must have met you! I used to go boozing in the Great Northern and the White Bear.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom