RSD 22: 3 LP Set of Suede's Sci-Fi Lullabies

The Tears were dead in the water mid-2006. The Suede reformation discussions hadn't even started three and a half years later. The first phone calls were early Jan 2010, I think.

What I really meant was had Suede not reformed perhaps Brett and Bernard would have eventually come back together? Perhaps not. I don't recall either side getting much into why they didn't make more music together. I thought all indications were they had more material and looking toward a 2nd album.

What I really meant was had Suede not reformed perhaps Brett and Bernard would have eventually come back together? Perhaps not. I don't recall either side getting much into why they didn't make more music together. I thought all indications were they had more material and looking toward a 2nd album.

They had two more songs they played live - Europe After The Rain and Berlin, but I think things just stopped working. I'm not sure they would have tried a third time.

I think most Suede fans agree with that... especially those there from the beginning. However, I give them much credit for carrying on with an unknown 17-year-old guitarist nonetheless and creating a pretty amazing album in Coming Up when most critics had already written them off. They were smart to go in a more pop direction at that point... rather than trying to make DMS #2 or something like that.

However, while good, I was less enthralled with Head Music. I know everyone hates A New Morning, while it's certainly a weaker effort, I don't find it deserving of the mountain of hate it receives.
People must be crazy. A New Morning is one of my fave Suede albums. It was their most straightforward pop record and for that people don't like it. I love almost every track! It is such a winter album....

the last 3 suede albums were the best!!

They weren’t really Suede after the first two albums. There’s a time and place for everything, and they had their time.

Tags
suede
Back
Top Bottom