Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why he just doesn't say he's suffering from mental health issues. That would be more believable and might even be true.
Him being Morrissey and all, I think everyone knows that already.

But if he were to admit it openly, I really do think he would be mocked horrendously.

I had to move 10 heavy as f*** suitcases, 4 large bags and 2 small, a huge plastic dog bed and 2 dogs from one side of Budapest 7 to the other on foot over 6 runs on Sunday. I was physically exhausted when i'd finished. My wife was going to put out a statement to say i should have rested for 2 weeks but i had to get up for work and do 12 hours because i don't let people down.

Unfortunately, Morrissey doesn't give a shit about fans that have travelled and paid a lot of $$'s to see him. He really doesn't help himself does he, whoever has advised him over the last 10 or so years is a complete wazzock.

I think everyone needs to start getting used to the fact that we won't be hearing any of the new records..... after hearing them on the last few tours i'm not so sure that's a bad thing really.

I've never know a more selfish idiot, what has he ever done for his fans. Oh he gave us the music, yeah well we paid for that and i will cherish all of it (even Tony the Pony)..... but c'mon, can you think of one thing he ever did for anyone else but himself?

Can he come back from all of this? Well, he could if he decided to self release.... Scrap the 2 albums in the can and get back to basics. Bring back the boys, record an acoustic album, with absolutely no politics or spite on it and lets see.....

Maybe he should come back to Camden and remember who he was when he still had the thing that made Morrissey...... Morrissey.

Lord the derangement on here is astounding!! I’m the idiot for flying in from England?? That may well be but I’m a big girl who can deal a little disappointment. Sitting around all weekend diagnosing the man is a different level of idiocy. You are all here because you admired something about Moz at some point in your lives yet you completely rip him to shreds with every move he makes. I hope for his sanity he doesn’t see any of these comments. I will catch him another time & I bet I’ll enjoy it…until then I wish him well.

Lord the derangement on here is astounding!! I’m the idiot for flying in from England?? That may well be but I’m a big girl who can deal a little disappointment. Sitting around all weekend diagnosing the man is a different level of idiocy. You are all here because you admired something about Moz at some point in your lives yet you completely rip him to shreds with every move he makes. I hope for his sanity he doesn’t see any of these comments. I will catch him another time & I bet I’ll enjoy it…until then I wish him well.
Yup...ya really who who your pals are when the chips are down. "Please ..please ..Stand up and defend me in the future when all's well. I thank you with all of my heart."! 💕

Good for you, Fiona!

Alcoholism doesn't always start in your youth. My dear departed mum was an alcoholic but her issues with alcohol, didn't really surface until she was in her 50's. Through most her life she was able to drink normally but by 63 she recognized the her drinking was now a problem and she lived the last decade of her life alcohol free. It's a common misconception that people are always alcoholic 'right out of the gate.' For many people it's a creeping disease that takes hold slowly and over time.

In many ways it's a more dangerous form of alcoholism in that sneaks up on you almost without noticing. I have a friend who I can see this happening to right now, he is in his mid forties and his drinking has really only become problematic in the past 2-3 years. I'm getting ready to have 'the talk' with him.
I wish I had the talk with my dad, he passed away at 50 and was a heavy drinker started especially in my tweens.. never occurred to me he was an alcoholic until it was too late

Man, he must’ve really been hit hard by the death of Melanie.

He needs to see everyone of these comments, he needs to stop living in a world that has long, long gone. He needs to ditch the flares, he needs to get his hair done in Turkey, get some colour back in it, bring back the specs so he can see how shit his band are and a hearing aid so he can hear how bad they are, actually no forget the hearing aid, that might really make him depressed.

A bit unfair on the band here, I’ve seen them twice and thought they were good, but each to their own, anyway a very amusing post, and your right with the flares and hair.

I have family members and friends who have M.E. and it causes many nasty symptoms but none of them have chronic pain. Chronic pain is more associated with fibro. They often muddle up diagnoses of the two. Both are debilitating.
I've had a very different experience. I have personal experience of M.E., and I also know many people who have suffered/continue to suffer from it, my partner was Chief executive of Action for M.E. and I worked for years for a charity that held residential weeks to try to help sufferers. The vast majority have considerable pain I can assure you. The treatment of sufferers has been an absolute scandal and continues to be so for many patients. It is vital to their sanity that the sufferers' experience of symptoms is at least accepted even if so little is still done to properly understand alleviate the illness by mainstream medicine, but unfortunately patients are still widely gaslit by the medical profession and society in general. It is still widely thought that it is mainly 'fatigue' - hence the ridiculous understatement of calling it 'chronic fatigue syndrome' which has only served to belittle its severity, for who in the modern world does not sometimes have fatigue? The pain is severe and many are given high strength painkillers to try to numb the pain but the longterm use of these drugs can cause many more physical problems and complications. Fibromyalgia as I understand it has many similar symptoms and is also extremely painful. The medical establishment does like to divide and rule of course.

I've had a very different experience. I have personal experience of M.E., and I also know many people who have suffered/continue to suffer from it, my partner was Chief executive of Action for M.E. and I worked for years for a charity that held residential weeks to try to help sufferers. The vast majority have considerable pain I can assure you. The treatment of sufferers has been an absolute scandal and continues to be so for many patients. It is vital to their sanity that the sufferers' experience of symptoms is at least accepted even if so little is still done to properly understand alleviate the illness by mainstream medicine, but unfortunately patients are still widely gaslit by the medical profession and society in general. It is still widely thought that it is mainly 'fatigue' - hence the ridiculous understatement of calling it 'chronic fatigue syndrome' which has only served to belittle its severity, for who in the modern world does not sometimes have fatigue? The pain is severe and many are given high strength painkillers to try to numb the pain but the longterm use of these drugs can cause many more physical problems and complications. Fibromyalgia as I understand it has many similar symptoms and is also extremely painful. The medical establishment does like to divide and rule of course.

But Morrissey has Morrisseyitis .... surely that's different

To me, Donnie's statement seemed worded so as not to cause alarm: medical supervision is not the same as treatment, and two week's rest would be unlikely to cure a serious illness. On the other hand, you wouldn't go to Zürich for a trifling complaint. Anyway, I've been sad all day thinking about Morrissey, the band and the fans. Hope everyone is coping and hope we'll get an update soon.

Doesn't anyone remember that he has Barret's Esophagus? A condition that can worsen very seriously, so the thought of any fan should be that it is not about that. In the meantime, let's continue speculating whether it's alcoholism or an allergy to gossip.
Obvious!! That's what I said on this site, many times if Barrett E.de's diagnosis is true, Morrissey wouldn't be alive very simple. And I'm not going to give the explanations again. Simply, such an esophagus can't stand "alcoholism

No one knows what's wrong with him. I feel like he's a bit unmotivated and I don't sketch out any diagnosis. Moz has to do very short tours, for example, South America, three countries, rest for two months and finish, and some other places close to him from time to time. Not committing to marathon tours because then you can't fulfill them and it hurts you and everyone. You try to leave him alone, let Moz recover from whatever. Don't propose absurd diagnoses because you don't know about these issues. Moz recover and do what you want, I send you the three Rays

Bueno basta dejenlo en paz y si lo quieren deseenle lo mejor ,envienle energia de sanacion ,tengan pensamientos positivos sobre él y así lo van a ayudar .El esta muy desmotivado le han pasado cosas y es él quien puede y debe reciclarse ,fans tiene de sobra ,somos muchos los que lo queremos bien ,al artista y a la persona .Yo ya lo perdoné por cancelar dos veces Argentina y lo espero con los brazos abiertos .sino puedo verlo en vivo el 17 de febrero veo un recital y punto .Deseo que Morrissey se cuide y mire hacia adentro suyo y que se enfoque en su lado positivo en todo lo que logró, en lo que representa para muchos de nosotros ,y que revea y reflexione respecto a temas que lo hacen sufrir psicologicamente y que tienen solucion .Moz te quiero y te mando mucho amor .
Lujissey.

The entire band must be quitting after this I would assume, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. This feels like the end, I predict a retirement statement on Central soon..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom