New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 21, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Half A Person / I Wish You Lonely / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden & @FROSTY

Last edited:
I see the pics of Chloe and the Red Scare women going backstage to meet Morrissey in their Instagram stories. I’ve never understood the appeal of any of them. Do you think Morrissey listens to Red scare? They seem like real mean “pick me” girls. Faux right wing fame whores who target themselves to incels. So is he a fan? This association has put me right off him. I know Jesse is into them.

I just watched the full set linked on p4 of this thread. It looks like it was such a great concert!

Absolutely exquisite creature - in every conceivable way

Nice looking venue! Seems like the show was a hit. That was a pretty safe setlist, I suppose to prevent mistakes in NY. They could swap out a few songs though --- like some different Smiths songs.

Last edited:
The shows are different in person. I was a bit critical of the setlist when the tour started. But after last night and actually being at the show, it simply didn’t matter. It can’t really be put into words, you had to be there, and open to the experience. Though I guess there will always be people that won’t welcome in what’s being gifted to them. That’s their choice and their loss.

But the people there were into it … 700%! (y)

VIVA MOZ !!!

💙:cool:💙

Thanks for that! I'm very happy you were there. :D

40 years of the same setlist. Is it the band's lack of talent that's restricting the setlist or simply old man stubbornness? Who has ever thought, boy I really wish he would open with one of his most mediocre 90s pop hits?? Or thought, Please play Alma Matters!! I've never seen it live!! Man I sure would love to hear The Loop!! That's one of his top 400 songs!! Can you please play an extremely average throw away version of Please please please, with lame alternate lyrics?? I've never heard this Jack the Ripper song! Was it a B side? Yes!!! Suedehead!!!

Shush. I freaked out when I saw him a few months back and he played The Loop. One of my favorite songs. I actually would be in heaven if Morrissey only played b-sides.

But I agree in the sense that he should change his setlist when playing over and over again in the same city.

Sometimes reading comments on this site feels like reading the comments of a gang of lactose-intolerant activists on a cheese forum.

I once asked a Trekkie friend of mine why Star Trek fans seem to hate Star Trek. His response:
"Exactly. Star Trek fans hate Star Trek."

I always think that about Morrissey fans around here.

Can you figure out what he is saying there? Can't catch it. Thanks again for posting footage :flowers:
You can hear it in the full concert video. It was something like "Apparently, when two people kiss, and their lips *makes some noise*, and when their *makes some noise again*, feed that dogs. When two people kiss apparently something happens whereby they become one entity. Is this true? Apparently (?) not". *goes into "Let me kiss you"*

sang a bit of ‘Stretch Out and Wait’ a cappella.
If I’m remembering correctly (?) … hmmm

I think that can of white wine ( yes! a can) went to my head. Lol.

Great vibe from the audience. Security was really tight and constantly keeping the aisles clear. Sinead video got applause as soon as it appeared on the screen, very moving for all, really set the tone for the rest of the night, a shared experience for all. Carmen rocked the leads! And Christ! Morrissey looked so damn beautiful, gotta tell ya folks, video clips and photos don’t do him justice! And being there of course is a whole different experience.

And then there’s tomorrow …. 🙃
That's awesome zoom! SO glad it was a great experience!

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Half A Person / I Wish You Lonely / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden & @FROSTY

Tour should have been called "More of same, with new songs didn't ask for"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom