New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 21, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Alma Matters / Half A Person / I Wish You Lonely / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden & @FROSTY

Last edited:
Sometimes reading comments on this site feels like reading the comments of a gang of lactose-intolerant activists on a cheese forum.
I love a bit of cheese. It's onions and overly-processed meat (sausages, mainly) that play merry-hell with my guts.

sang a bit of ‘Stretch Out and Wait’ a cappella.
If I’m remembering correctly (?) … hmmm

I think that can of white wine ( yes! a can) went to my head. Lol.

Great vibe from the audience. Security was really tight and constantly keeping the aisles clear. Sinead video got applause as soon as it appeared on the screen, very moving for all, really set the tone for the rest of the night, a shared experience for all. Carmen rocked the leads! And Christ! Morrissey looked so damn beautiful, gotta tell ya folks, video clips and photos don’t do him justice! And being there of course is a whole different experience.

And then there’s tomorrow …. 🙃

Did ya grab a t shirt or one of them NY Moz stickers?

40 years of the same setlist. Is it the band's lack of talent that's restricting the setlist or simply old man stubbornness? Who has ever thought, boy I really wish he would open with one of his most mediocre 90s pop hits?? Or thought, Please play Alma Matters!! I've never seen it live!! Man I sure would love to hear The Loop!! That's one of his top 400 songs!! Can you please play an extremely average throw away version of Please please please, with lame alternate lyrics?? I've never heard this Jack the Ripper song! Was it a B side? Yes!!! Suedehead!!!
Sleep walking through this boring setlist...such a disappointment

That was my 7th Moz concert, last one being Boston 2022. Of the 19 songs played last night on the "40 years of Morrissey" tour, 12 of the songs he had played in Boston on the previous tour ...Truly dissapointed, that's what I call lazy.

Morrissey sounded great, was in a terrific mood. The crowd was fantastic, standing and singing all the way through, knowledgeable Moz fans, great vibe.

Carmen is not a very good guitarist for Morrissey, butchered quite a few songs. Instead of trying to look cool, she should learn to play his songs properly. Wouldn't even make a high school band IMO. Bass player is average.

‘We’ knew anyway: pity Morrissey was intent on lying to peeps again. DeR Speigel anyone🫠
As for the show itself. Most of the setlist is full of amazing songs, most of which were played in NY in December. Lazy.
people talk as if he should be shot for lying,i love a porky pie now and again.lets face it we all bend the truth to make ourselves look better sometimes,my only advice is if you are going to lie make sure you have a good memory because it can come back and bite you on the arse,ouch.

40 years of the same setlist. Is it the band's lack of talent that's restricting the setlist or simply old man stubbornness? Who has ever thought, boy I really wish he would open with one of his most mediocre 90s pop hits?? Or thought, Please play Alma Matters!! I've never seen it live!! Man I sure would love to hear The Loop!! That's one of his top 400 songs!! Can you please play an extremely average throw away version of Please please please, with lame alternate lyrics?? I've never heard this Jack the Ripper song! Was it a B side? Yes!!! Suedehead!!!
What a miserable bastard. My 4th time seeing Moz. My first time seeing The Loop, Jack the Ripper, Half a Person, Stop Me and a few others. Great show.

And who knows her, who cares?
A ESTA QUIEN LA JUNA QUIEN LA CONOCE PERDON YO NO
Yeah, i believe you. You don't know anything about, anything. Come on, open your mind, there's more than frantic fanaticism, but not much more, in your case.

well we dont see droves of people complaining who were actually there.
The crowd was really into it. There was much more energy than in DC.

I heard very few complaints other than a woman outside saying the encore was a big f*** you to the fans. Meanwhile everyone up front was going crazy over it. I saw him 3 times last year and 2 this week and this was the best of the 5. My son who went with me to 4 of them agreed.

I agree. Pop was really good in person. I wasn't impressed by it when watching on YouTube.

The shows are different in person. I was a bit critical of the setlist when the tour started. But after last night and actually being at the show, it simply didn’t matter. It can’t really be put into words, you had to be there, and open to the experience. Though I guess there will always be people that won’t welcome in what’s being gifted to them. That’s their choice and their loss.

But the people there were into it … 700%! (y)

VIVA MOZ !!!

💙:cool:💙

The crowd was really into it. There was much more energy than in DC.

I heard very few complaints other than a woman outside saying the encore was a big f*** you to the fans. Meanwhile everyone up front was going crazy over it. I saw him 3 times last year and 2 this week and this was the best of the 5. My son who went with me to 4 of them agreed.
bored there will always be someone who complains,glad you and your son enjoyed the show.

excuse me for off-topic question but where can I find your profile picture? haven't seen it posted here🙏🏻
just imagine golem from lord of the rings,its a self portrait.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom