Moz and members of the cast of Shameless

That's queer. I remember Ben Batt and Rebecca Atkinson leaving their front row balcony seats after 2 songs, looking bored witless and heading for the bar. They never returned.
I'm sure they're really big fans :rolleyes:
Obviously we should ask why is this news? Then you remember. It's Morrissey. If he wants to e-mail Julia and tell her to post an eleven month old photograph with two 'Shameless' cast members and a Brian Cowen lookalike, so be it. Perhaps he's just really enjoying his Tuesday nights these days
Nice wrist~watch but. Parmigiani sir?

Does Morrissey have any taste anymore? Until recently he rejected vulgarisms. He seems to have lowered his standards in all respects in the last five years, in so many ways.

Last edited:
Does Morrissey have any taste anymore? Until recently he rejected vulgarisms. He seems to have lowered his standards in all respects in the last five years, in so many ways.

Aye, he went to Rome, discovered sex, and decided not to be so damn serious anymore.

Aye, he went to Rome, discovered sex, and decided not to be so damn serious anymore.

Bad move. The respect he hailed 10 years ago now seems unattainable. Shame (Without the 'less'). Like British politicians he has shifted to centre ground. Four letter words in songs, exposing himself in record sleeves, swearing (F-Word) on stage. None of this occurred prior to 2000. Ever. But now is acceptable?

Bad move. The respect he hailed 10 years ago now seems unattainable. Shame (Without the 'less'). Like British politicians he has shifted to centre ground. Four letter words in songs, exposing himself in record sleeves, swearing (F-Word) on stage. None of this occurred prior to 2000. Ever. But now is acceptable?

His earliest songs spoke of grabbing mammary glands and mooning the queen. Would you not consider this to be vulgar?

:rolleyes:

Yes, how perfectly ghastly it is that Mr. Morrissey deems it acceptable to display these human qualities.

Its called rock n roll,and what,exactly, did he expose that has repulsed you so?His midriff?good lord!his legs?heaven help us Marjorie!!

Last edited:
IN the US, if you've got Netflix, they have season 1 -- the only one available coded for Region 1. I loved it so much I convertd a DVD player to region 2 and ordered the whole six seasons off amazon.co.uk. Looking forward to season 7 being released in a few weeks (season 6 was a bit disappointing, truth be told).

I could not disagree more. There are vulgar notes, but Shameless echos many themes dear to Moz: it portrays the complexity and conflicts of the deeply-troubled human character with insight and great humor, melodrama, and empathy. It seems a perfect fit; I had previously tried to find if he'd ever commented on the show because with the Stretford address, I thought he surely had given it a look.

One of Morrissey's favorite phrases of late it to characterize humanity and life as a "mesmerizing mess;" season one in particular portrays this condition wonderfully. Oh, and also there's someone named "Sheila," though I don't recall her dipping at the waist.

Anyone ever seen him comment on the show before this?? Hope he's a Mickey fan (like me).

I could not disagree more. There are vulgar notes, but Shameless echos many themes dear to Moz: it portrays the complexity and conflicts of the deeply-troubled human character with insight and great humor, melodrama, and empathy. It seems a perfect fit; I had previously tried to find if he'd ever commented on the show because with the Stretford address, I thought he surely had given it a look.

One of Morrissey's favorite phrases of late it to characterize humanity and life as a "mesmerizing mess;" season one in particular portrays this condition wonderfully. Oh, and also there's someone named "Sheila," though I don't recall her dipping at the waist.

Anyone ever seen him comment on the show before this?? Hope he's a Mickey fan (like me).

Other than what had been mentioned here about Morrissey making some reference to the show live in concert.

I think the humor needs to be vulgar and over-the-top in order for the humanity and empathy to shine through. What strikes me about these so-called tragic characters is their resourcefulness and "hustle" to getting what they want. The Magnificent Seven never need to protect this little villiage; they do alright themselves.

I belong to Team Frank, resident poet and drunkard. The tragedy being is that if he wasn't what he is, he would probably be England's well-renouned lecturer of morality.

Its a bit crap nowadays though, isn't it?

Tickets this way to the Chatsworth Express...:)

Tickets this way to the Chatsworth Express...:)

Thank, Poppy Full; I think I will:

Tickets this way to the Chatsworth Express!
Come and watch pikeys making a mess,

Of the lives they were given by Him upstairs!
And kids, they're convinced, aren't actually theirs...

What sounds on earth could EVER replace,
Kids needing money? Or wives in yer face...

'Cause this, people reckon - and me included -
Is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented

To calm us all down and stop us going mental!
These are Chatsworth estate's BASIC essentials!

We're worth every penny for grinding your axes...
You shit on our heads, but, you pay the taxes!

Imagine Britain without Chatsworth buccaneers,
Who'll cum on your face for the price of a beer...

Make poverty history! Cheaper drugs now!

Heh heh heh heh... scatter! Partay!

Thank, Poppy Full; I think I will:

Tickets this way to the Chatsworth Express!
Come and watch pikeys making a mess,

Of the lives they were given by Him upstairs!
And kids, they're convinced, aren't actually theirs...

What sounds on earth could EVER replace,
Kids needing money? Or wives in yer face...

'Cause this, people reckon - and me included -
Is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented

To calm us all down and stop us going mental!
These are Chatsworth estate's BASIC essentials!

We're worth every penny for grinding your axes...
You shit on our heads, but, you pay the taxes!

Imagine Britain without Chatsworth buccaneers,
Who'll cum on your face for the price of a beer...

Heh heh heh heh... scatter! Partay!

I personally think shameless is poorly written tat for morons.....it reminds me of "the knack and how to get it" as realized by some particularly sex starved social worker from haringey(80s haringey of course sisters!)

The problem with shameless and its (quite frankly bewildering) continued success is that it stops decent programmes getting commisioned for further series,"Outlaws" par example.And it encourages the yute (or the potential yute writers) to dumb down.Which is unforgivable culturally as writers dont really flourish until their late 20s/early 30s...and who will be able to ascertain what 12 years of oasis will have done to the creativity of these potential muses? Out with moron culture,bring back kenny tynan :) I grew up on a bought house on a council estate,and it t'aint much fun bro!

Well,
I expect the reason you say these things is because you have never really understood Morrissey- it seems most people on here don't
He has always kicked against the tide and he has always been a fan of working class culture- he was bought up working class don't forget. You are I expect middle class and think he should be like band members of Radioheard or coldplay- boring and predicable. The truth is though he has more in common with Ray Davis,Paul Weller, Mark E Smith and even the Oasis brothers than he does your average NME band
Morrissey swore on the stage during the Smiths also, Rank was a play on words of wank, etc
The Smiths were an artistic movement, the interviews, the songs, the covers but Morrisey moved away from that by Your Arsenal (if not before)- remember the cover.

It seems to me as a person Morrissey hasn't changed that much, especially considering where he came from and where he is now.
I will admit I prefer the pre LA Moz but he is who he is and that is enough for me- you can't pander to the wishes of your audience especially when some of your audience are gothic types who never got it in the first place

Well,
I expect the reason you say these things is because you have never really understood Morrissey- it seems most people on here don't
He has always kicked against the tide and he has always been a fan of working class culture- he was bought up working class don't forget. You are I expect middle class and think he should be like band members of Radioheard or coldplay- boring and predicable. The truth is though he has more in common with Ray Davis,Paul Weller, Mark E Smith and even the Oasis brothers than he does your average NME band
Morrissey swore on the stage during the Smiths also, Rank was a play on words of wank, etc
The Smiths were an artistic movement, the interviews, the songs, the covers but Morrisey moved away from that by Your Arsenal (if not before)- remember the cover.

It seems to me as a person Morrissey hasn't changed that much, especially considering where he came from and where he is now.
I will admit I prefer the pre LA Moz but he is who he is and that is enough for me- you can't pander to the wishes of your audience especially when some of your audience are gothic types who never got it in the first place

I never really understood Morrissey?!
25 years of following and loving....Who can say what understands means, but I know what I'm talking about as much as anyone here can claim.
I compared his reactions and expressions from the last few years to 10 and 20 years ago.
Then he didn't swear (no F-words, no SH-words), he didn't put near nude pics on album sleeves, and he didn't react on stage in a detached and foul mouthed manner from his fans. Only in recent years have I had to truly defend my following of Morrissy, and without the convictions which used to hold true.
I wish I didn't have to say all this, but things have changed.

Back
Top Bottom