Moz and members of the cast of Shameless

I never really understood Morrissey?!
25 years of following and loving....Who can say what understands means, but I know what I'm talking about as much as anyone here can claim.
I compared his reactions and expressions from the last few years to 10 and 20 years ago.
Then he didn't swear (no F-words, no SH-words), he didn't put near nude pics on album sleeves, and he didn't react on stage in a detached and foul mouthed manner from his fans. Only in recent years have I had to truly defend my following of Morrissy, and without the convictions which used to hold true.
I wish I didn't have to say all this, but things have changed.

IHMS1.jpg

25 years of following and loving....Who can say what understands means, but I know what I'm talking about as much as anyone here can claim.
I compared his reactions and expressions from the last few years to 10 and 20 years ago.
Then he didn't swear (no F-words, no SH-words), he didn't put near nude pics on album sleeves, and he didn't react on stage in a detached and foul mouthed manner from his fans. Only in recent years have I had to truly defend my following of Morrissy, and without the convictions which used to hold true.

He is just more himself- which is a good thing.
He did swear on stage in The Smurfs when they were in America (just the once).
He has had naked pics on covers- just not himself.
And in the the old days he was in to working class culture (even Mr B manning).
As I say I don't think you understand him and maybe it's you who have changed.
Fans often get wrongly fixed ideas of their idols and when the said idols act in away that doesn't gel with the fans idea the fans mind goes in to fury.
Even the biggest fans get it wrong- in fact most fans do.

I personally think shameless is poorly written tat for morons.....it reminds me of "the knack and how to get it" as realized by some particularly sex starved social worker from haringey(80s haringey of course sisters!)

The problem with shameless and its (quite frankly bewildering) continued success is that it stops decent programmes getting commisioned for further series,"Outlaws" par example.And it encourages the yute (or the potential yute writers) to dumb down.Which is unforgivable culturally as writers dont really flourish until their late 20s/early 30s...and who will be able to ascertain what 12 years of oasis will have done to the creativity of these potential muses? Out with moron culture,bring back kenny tynan :) I grew up on a bought house on a council estate,and it t'aint much fun bro!

Poorly written tat for morons??? Its a fantastic show, okay i admit series 4-6 werent the best but its lasted this long so cant be that bad. Outlaws? was that the one staring phil daniels and filmed in Blackburn? Cause that was good and never been released on dvd.

Television drama is all about personal opinion, some will find it fantastic, others wont

Well,
I expect the reason you say these things is because you have never really understood Morrissey- it seems most people on here don't
He has always kicked against the tide and he has always been a fan of working class culture- he was bought up working class don't forget. You are I expect middle class and think he should be like band members of Radioheard or coldplay- boring and predicable. The truth is though he has more in common with Ray Davis,Paul Weller, Mark E Smith and even the Oasis brothers than he does your average NME band
Morrissey swore on the stage during the Smiths also, Rank was a play on words of wank, etc
The Smiths were an artistic movement, the interviews, the songs, the covers but Morrisey moved away from that by Your Arsenal (if not before)- remember the cover.

It seems to me as a person Morrissey hasn't changed that much, especially considering where he came from and where he is now.
I will admit I prefer the pre LA Moz but he is who he is and that is enough for me- you can't pander to the wishes of your audience especially when some of your audience are gothic types who never got it in the first place

HUZAHHH!!

At last, someone who knows where is came from .... thank you and goodnight.

Oh no! Morrissey swore! :eek:

Christ, what a pretentious post.

Has anything good ever come out of Nazareth?
(there's a connection, really, if you think hard enough)

As I say I dont think you understand him and maybe it you who have changed.

Hmm, my observations are factual notes, and the points I specified are listed with specific incidents, so how you assumed I must have changed is unclear and comes across as a little vacuous in its manner and a few degrees East of a balanced argument, not to mention insulting and condescending. Sorry, but you haven't exactly hit the nail on the head, and you seemed to have missed the point of my comment, replying with a generic defensive stance.
We're not going to agree on whether or not Morrissey has changed. I see it, you don't. We disagree now and probably always will! :)

As I say I dont think you understand him and maybe it you who have changed.

Hmm, my observations are factual notes, and the points I specified are listed with specific incidents, so how you assumed I must have changed is unclear and comes across as a little vacuous in its manner and a few degrees East of a balanced argument, not to mention insulting and condescending. Sorry, but you haven't exactly hit the nail on the head, and you seemed to have missed the point of my comment, replying with a generic defensive stance.
We're not going to agree on whether or not Morrissey has changed. I see it, you don't. We disagree now and probably always will! :)

Amusing,
You may not be a simpleton but you are doing a good impersonation, The fact you opted to be insulting shows you have already lost your argument.
It's not just me whom thought your post was silly.
The fact is you can't read, in my first post I said-
"It seems to me, as a person Morrissey hasn't changed that much, especially considering where he came from and where he is now."
Thus, I am saying he has changed, of course he has, but I was pointing out not as much as you make out and not in the ways you state.
In the post you quoted from I pointed out, why your list was incorrect.
As I said in first post Moz has become more himself and thats a good thing.
He was filled with too much shyness and elements of self dislike in the Smiths days to ever be comfortable with himself.
You must, also consider the fact the Morrissey, in real life, is not like Morrisseys the myth, this myth around Moz has been built on a mixture of Moz playing games and the Media getting it wrong- especially the NME.
The fact that Morrissey has chosen to show a less serious and playful side to his personality or that he loses his temper quicker ( this happens with age, and touring for months on end) doesn't mean he has changed deep down.
For my defence I call Russell Brand and Morrissey him self-
In an Interview with Russell Brand, Russell points out that it's messing with his mind connecting Morrissey the myth with Morrissey the person and Friend. Morrissey Points out, he has always been who he is, he can't help it if the press have wrong footed some of the fans.
I could list what some of his close friends have said about him but I can't be bothered, I suggest you do some home work.

I'm still the same underneath, this you surely knew......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom