Morrissey Drama of the Year 2008

Morrissey Drama 2008

• Morrissey condemns Edinburgh Zoo's Budongo Trail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morrissey's management search

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me, Greatest Hits cover, how cheeky!!
Mind you, who could forget the furore over the topless Hotpress pics!
Ah, it's been a good year.

For me it was the Roundhouse cancelling. I was in the first row getting crushed when it all went down.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, Greatest Hits cover, how cheeky!!
Mind you, who could forget the furore over the topless Hotpress pics!
Ah, it's been a good year.

I'd argue to the contrary. It's been a fairly bad year for Moz.
As far as the NME/immigration issue goes, mud clearly does stick.
His description as a 'big quiffed bigot with dodgy views on immigration' seems to have been generally accepted in the press - virtually every live review mentioned this.
He was humoured for his donation to 'Love Music Hate Racism' on national telly last week with the joke he'd asked for most of his money to be spent on the 'Love Music' bit.
His singles form has reverted to the 1990s with his first non-top 20 single since the Maladjusted era.
He's threatened two publications with legal action; Word and NME (which remains unresolved).
He has dropped or been dropped by the American part of the record company due to disappointing sales.
He's put his album back by 6 months for unspecified reasons. Rumours that it was at least partly due to poor song quality were reinforced when we heard that two new Tobias compositions had been added at the last minute.
Ok, so, I'm picking all the worst bits of the year out but, on balance, I wouldn't say it's been one of his best!

For me it was the release of "Years of Refusal" being pushed to 2009 due to label troubles. Actually, I was more the additional gloomy news already suggested, that there were no further live dates planned for the remainder of 2008 which knocked me down. It was my personal psycho-drama, it took me more than a week to get over it and looking back with the tour ahead, I would still take that awful week back to the store, and I wouldn't even ask for a refund.

His description as a 'big quiffed bigot with dodgy views on immigration' seems to have been generally accepted in the press - virtually every live review mentioned this.
He was humoured for his donation to 'Love Music Hate Racism' on national telly last week with the joke he'd asked for most of his money to be spent on the 'Love Music' bit.
His singles form has reverted to the 1990s with his first non-top 20 single since the Maladjusted era.
He's threatened two publications with legal action; Word and NME (which remains unresolved).
He has dropped or been dropped by the American part of the record company due to disappointing sales.
He's put his album back by 6 months for unspecified reasons. Rumours that it was at least partly due to poor song quality were reinforced when we heard that two new Tobias compositions had been added at the last minute.
Ok, so, I'm picking all the worst bits of the year out but, on balance, I wouldn't say it's been one of his best!

For me, just glad that he is still out there, recording, touring, arguing, being Bolshie, being photographed semi-clad.
Beats the lost years, when no one knew exactly where he was and what he was up to.

You're such a ray of sunshine on this site. :D

I thought it was quite trim, actually.

It needed a trim, actually. :p

I never understood that reaction, but I'm not a frinker, so there's probably a connection I'm not making. I think the arse was a bit cheeky :rolleyes:, and somewhat vulgar, but it really didn't strike me as much of an event, one way or the other.

I'll never forget poor Suparni's meltdown on the front page; what a fascinating crisis of faith.

Being a frinker has nothing to do with it. Am I really a true frinker, anyway? :o I'm not in that deep...;)

So, you even thought it was 'vulgar' in some sense of the word then (thank you)! I thought it was just unnecessary, it only drummed up drama and gay talk, while overshadowing (not his humor and wit) his music and talent, why why why bring it upon yourself, Moz.... It should have been avoided. I avoided it anyway. Whatevs, moving on. He certainly keeps things interesting, I'll say. :D

p.s. I was right there with suparni, same impression of the arse. In fact, I even agreed with Nick the Name! :eek: :p

I never understood that reaction, but I'm not a frinker, so there's probably a connection I'm not making. I think the arse was a bit cheeky :rolleyes:, and somewhat vulgar, but it really didn't strike me as much of an event, one way or the other.

I'll never forget poor Suparni's meltdown on the front page; what a fascinating crisis of faith.

I tend to shift into fascinating meltdown from time to time - who does not? The process leaves only the purest substance behind. Meltdown is good once in a while.

He's put his album back by 6 months for unspecified reasons. Rumours that it was at least partly due to poor song quality were reinforced when we heard that two new Tobias compositions had been added at the last minute.Ok, so, I'm picking all the worst bits of the year out but, on balance, I wouldn't say it's been one of his best!
Dear Mr.Sunny, I would just gently ask, have we actually had any serious proof of this ? Surely it's all just a matter of loose conjecture.
Dramarama of 2008? Arse fer me.
Oh and why no Moz and Child choice ? The revelation of that cover shot was damn dramatic I thought. :)

Dear Mr.Sunny, I would just gently ask, have we actually had any serious proof of this ? Surely it's all just a matter of loose conjecture.
Dramarama of 2008? Arse fer me.
Oh and why no Moz and Child choice ? The revelation of that cover shot was damn dramatic I thought. :)

The revulsion displayed by a few at the sight of Moz in proximity to an infant human was extremely amusing, indeed. It's only a baby. BFD. We all were, once.

The revulsion displayed by a few at the sight of Moz in proximity to an infant human was extremely amusing, indeed. It's only a baby. BFD. We all were, once.

I had a sort of dream (half awake/half asleep, let my mind wander kind of dream) last night that I looked over and Morrissey was sitting in a chair while a baby stood on his lap and looked at him. He was facing the baby and they were looking into each other's eyes and Morrissey had this amazing smile on his face like he was feeling so peaceful and proud and the baby just slobbered and smiled back at him. I was going to post it but decided the "OMG MOZ = NO BABIES" response was so overwhemingly negative I said eh and kept it to my blog. He might not be into babies but in that little dream he was. He was looking at a little happy version of himself and he loved it.

I had a sort of dream (half awake/half asleep, let my mind wander kind of dream) last night that I looked over and Morrissey was sitting in a chair while a baby stood on his lap and looked at him. He was facing the baby and they were looking into each other's eyes and Morrissey had this amazing smile on his face like he was feeling so peaceful and proud and the baby just slobbered and smiled back at him. I was going to post it but decided the "OMG MOZ = NO BABIES" response was so overwhemingly negative I said eh and kept it to my blog. He might not be into babies but in that little dream he was. He was looking at a little happy version of himself and he loved it.

Babies are really, really nice. When you're nursing your baby and he looks at you... that's what it's like. Peaceful and proud. I felt like Mary.

Then they grow to be 5 or 8 and become raging assholes, like most men. I still love them, anyway.

Babies are really, really nice. When you're nursing your baby and he looks at you... that's what it's like. Peaceful and proud. I felt like Mary.

Then they grow to be 5 or 8 and become raging assholes, like most men. I still love them, anyway.

I know, they do become monsters. But some of them don't, although I think all children like to push boundaries which has a high asshole factor to it. Then they move on and ask questions and teach you stuff about simple things. I've never had a child but I've hosted many storytimes, some of my favorite memories talking to kids about their world. Someday. I'm sure my dream was broody in nature. HA! Imagine Morrissey as the father of your children. UNBELIEVABLE! :eek:

I hate Christmas time. :(:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom